Camping is an inspiring way to escape into the lap of nature and get an ideal escape from the hectic and boring day-to-day life. It may not be your cup of tea. However, trust me; there is no better feeling in this world than gazing at the stars at night or having fun with friends at the campfire.
If you are still not inspired to go camping, I have collected some of my personal favorite camping quotes that are funny and inspirational. They are even better if you use them for your Instagram posts to give some inspiration to your friends. I found some of the best camping quotes that can make great motivation for your camping friends, and you can be your best camping partner and stay ahead in the list.
If you love having a great time in nature, go hike whenever you get your chance or even dream of enjoying next weekend under the stars, these inspirational summer camp quotes will definitely give you some motivation. I have compiled a list of wise, inspirational, and witty camping quotes, proverbs, and sayings collaborated over the years from different sources.
There is nothing better than beautiful and old-fashioned quotes that can excite you of your next fun and adventurous activities. I have listed a few of our best and inspirational quotes to get you ready for your next adventure. Whether you are solo camping with friends or family, this activity is very exciting. So sit back and enjoy reading my collections.
One of the best parts of camping is that it brings many opportunities for us to get closer and make new friends. I have seen many people who develop life-long friendships and relationships, and I have seen many beautiful bonds before I know it. I always wish I were a kid again, thanks to these camp quotes about friendship.
The friendships made in camps are very special. These bonds are so unique that they often last for a lifetime. It may be because we go for the camp solo at the same time for some reason.
When some campers approach the cabin and turn the corner, I think of them and have many questions in my mind. Will they ever have a great time? Will they become friends? The moment I meet them, I always ensure that they can have a great time at camp. There are different ways you can make friends at camp, and there are many opportunities to mingle with other campers out of their cabin. You may definitely interact with the ones of different ages or gender.
No matter you make two friends or ten when going for summer camps, one thing is for sure is that these friendships last longer, and they would definitely have a mark on them.
I have met several people as I have done camping the world, and I often think of the popular saying, “I found you somewhere between here and there.” The friendships made at the camp are different and strong for a reason. Friendships are really magical and indescribable at camp. These camping quotes are really inspirational and motivating for you.
NOTE: All of the photos in this post are pinnable, just hover, and you can pin it right away for inspiration later!
Best Camping Quotes: Top 25 Inspirational Summer Camp Quotes
1. “A great many people, and more all the time, live their entire lives without ever once sleeping out under the stars.” – Alan S. Kesselheim
2. “The camp is the space that is opened when the state of exception begins to become the rule.” – Giorgio Agamben
3. “If you can survive camping with someone, you should marry them on the way home.” – Yvonne Prinz
4. “I just want to live in a world of mountains, coffee, campfires, cabins, and golden trees, and run around with a camera and notebook, learning the inner workings of everything real.” – Victoria Erickson
5. “In a cool solitude of trees, where leaves and birds a music spin, mind that was weary is at ease, new rhythms in the soul begin” – William Kean Seymour
6. “It always rains on tents. Rainstorms will travel thousands of miles, against prevailing winds for the opportunity to rain on a tent.” – Dave Barry
7. “You don’t have to say everything to be a light. Sometimes a fire built on a hill will bring interested people to your campfire.” – Shannon L. Alder
8. “Sleep under a blanket of stars, and your heart will forever be kept warm by your love of life.”
9. “Away is a place where it’s not about the money you spend. It’s about the moments you share.”
10. “I felt my lungs inflate with the onrush of scenery. Air, mountains, tree, people. I thought: this is what it is to be happy.” – Sylvia Plath
Inspirational summer camp quotes
11. “We now no longer camp as for a night, but have settled down on earth and forgotten heaven.” – Henry David Thoreau
12. “All camps are hard, that’s what they’re intended to be. They make you focus when you’re tired, when you don’t feel like doing things, and to see how long you can retain and pay attention.” – Michael Strahan
13. “I think camping is one of those things where if you’re forced into it as a child, you’ll probably hate it as an adult.” – Jeremy Irvine
14. “The fire is the main comfort of the camp, whether in summer or winter.” – Henry David Thoreau
15. “The rite of passage of learning to build a fire that will burn all night with one match is not an insignificant one in my husband’s family, and I grew up camping and backpacking. I love to camp.” – Sarah Wayne Callies
16. “The glories of a mountain campfire are far greater than may be guessed… One can make a day of any size, and regulate the rising and setting of his own sun and the brightness of its shining.” – John Muir
17. “Light a campfire, and everyone’s a storyteller.” – John Geddes
18. “The fire is the main comfort of the camp, whether in summer or winter and is about as ample at one season as at another. It is as well for cheerfulness as for warmth and dryness.” – Henry David Thoreau
19. “We now no longer camp as for a night, but have settled down on earth and forgotten heaven.” – Henry David Thoreau
20. “Camp is a solvent of morality. It neutralizes moral indignation, sponsors playfulness.” – Susan Sontag
Camp quotes about friendship
21. “In a well-ordered universe… camping would take place indoors.” – Morgan Matson
22. “Some national parks have long waiting lists for camping reservations. When you have to wait a year to sleep next to a tree, something is wrong.” – George Carlin
23. “Camping: the art of getting closer to nature while getting farther away from the nearest cold beverage, hot shower, and flush toilet.”
24. “Whatever form it takes, camping is earthy, soul-enriching and character building, and there can be few such satisfying moments as having your tent pitched and the smoke rising from your campfire as the golden sunsets on the horizon – even if it’s just for a fleeting moment before the rain spoils everything.” – Pippa Middleton
25. “The stars were better company anyway. They were very beautiful, and they almost never snored.” – David Eddings