If you are going for a significant hike, you should consider what you are wearing on your feet. To make your hike fun and memorable, you should look for a good pair of hiking boots for women.
These hiking shoes can keep you dry, provide support and traction, and they can also be lightweight. We have listed some of the best hiking shoes for women on Amazon.
Are you in a hurry? Here are our top picks and answers to your questions!
- Best rated hiking boots – Columbia Women’s Newton Ridge Plus Hiking Boot
- Best rated hiking shoes – The North Face Women’s Ultra Fastpack II GTX Hiking Shoe
Here's the latest travel deals we got for you
→ Save money on Airbnb. Use our link to sign up and you'll get $33 off your first booking and an additional $12 off if you book/buy tours and experiences from Airbnb. Thanks over $47 of savings!
→ Find great deals on hotels on Booking.com! We found great discounts from this hotel booking website and has scored few luxury hotels that are up to 50% off. If you've used them enough, you'll get an access to more deals and discounts.
Table of Contents
- 1 The Best Hiking Shoes For Women Comparison Chart
- 2 A Travel Gear Guide: How to Choose The Best Hiking Shoes for Women and What to Consider
- 3 Best Hiking Shoes for Women reviews and product descriptions
- 3.1 Merrell Women’s Siren Edge Hiking Shoe
- 3.2 Columbia Women’s Newton Ridge Plus Hiking Boot
- 3.3 Merrell Women’s, Yokota 2 Hiking Sneakers
- 3.4 Ahnu Women’s Sugarpine Air Mesh Hiking Shoe
- 3.5 Salomon Women’s Ellipse GTX Hiking Shoe
- 3.6 Oboz Women’s Sawtooth Low BDry Hiking Shoe
- 3.7 KEEN Women’s Voyageur Hiking Shoe
- 3.8 Merrell Women’s Moab 2 Ventilator Hiking Shoe
- 3.9 The North Face Women’s Ultra Fastpack II GTX Hiking Shoe
- 3.10 Merrell Women’s Capra Bolt Mid Waterproof Hiking Boot
- 4 Are you on Pinterest? Pin these for later read!
The Best Hiking Shoes For Women Comparison Chart
|MODEL||DIMENSION||OTHER COLORS AVAILABLE||AMAZON RATING||CHECK PRICES:|
|Merrell Women's Siren Edge Hiking Shoe||13 x 8 x 6 inches||YES||4.5/5||CHECK PRICES|
|Columbia Women's Newton Ridge Plus Hiking Boot||12 x 8 x 4 inches||YES||4.5/5||CHECK PRICES|
|Merrell Women's, Yokota 2 Hiking Sneakers||13.4 x 9.8 x 5.1||YES||4.5/5||CHECK PRICES|
|Ahnu Women's Sugarpine Air Mesh Hiking Shoe||12 x 8 x 4 inches||YES||4.6/5||CHECK PRICES|
|Salomon Women's Ellipse GTX Hiking Shoe||13 x 9 x 5 inches||YES||4.3/5||CHECK PRICES|
|Oboz Women's Sawtooth Low BDry Hiking Shoe||9 x 9 x 12 inches||YES||4.5/5||CHECK PRICES|
|KEEN Women's Voyageur Hiking Shoe||12 x 9 x 5 inches||YES||4.5/5||CHECK PRICES|
|Merrell Women's Moab 2 Ventilator Hiking Shoe||12 x 8 x 4 inches||YES||4.6/5||CHECK PRICES|
|The North Face Women's Ultra Fastpack II GTX Hiking Shoe||N/A||YES||5.0/5||CHECK PRICES|
|Merrell Women's Capra Bolt Mid Waterproof Hiking Boot||14 x 10 x 5 inches||YES||4.2/5||CHECK PRICES|
A Travel Gear Guide: How to Choose The Best Hiking Shoes for Women and What to Consider
Why should you get a Hiking Shoe?
As a hiker, choosing what you should have on your feet is the most important decision in your life. Women have different needs as they have different striking patterns and have narrower feet than men. So, you should look for women waterproof hiking boots because they can last for years.
These shoes can accompany you through the wilderness and keep your feet in good condition until you come back home. A pair of women’s waterproof hiking shoes can be comfortable, light, and supportable for trekking on the terrain.
Do you need Hiking Shoe?
It is quite shocking to see many people trekking around the mountains without wearing hiking shoes at all. So, they end up with a tweaked knee or a twisted ankle. If you don’t want to spoil your hiking experience with such painful injuries, you need a hiking shoe.
How to choose the best hiking shoes?
If you need bigger toe protection, more support and torsion stabilization with metal rods, obviously shoes will get heavier. Lighter shoes have no cushion and minimalist trail running features. So, you need good harmony between cushion, protection and bells and whistles and weight.
You may also want to buy women’s waterproof walking boots if you are considering full-size ones. But if you are looking for low cut hiking shoes, you should leave the waterproofing feature as it is cheaper. And may get wet inside and waterproofing will be useless. Especially in fall and cold spring, waterproofing works.
Low Cut or Above the Ankle
Whether you need women’s waterproof walking shoes or not depends upon your need. Generally, you should go with over-the-ankle shoes if you are looking for a waterproof shoe that can walk while preventing water.
A lot of hikers believe that taller boots and shoes provide ankle protection or stabilization. If you have a chronic ankle problem, ask your doctor before buying.
It is a part of firm rubber spreads over the top of your toe and sometimes, across the edges. It keeps your toes from hitting on logs, rocks, or debris which might cause injuries. Even though you accidentally peel your toenail by hitting a rock, it can cause a lot of pain and risk of infection can be raised if it bleeds.
You need to look for cozy women leather hiking boots as wearing uncomfortable shoes will surely spoil your day. It is especially true when you are hiking up sharp, rocky inclines or terrain.
It is not important waterproof shoes are less breathable. The properties that add waterproofing also add breathability. Some lightweight hiking shoe women’s are both breathable and waterproof. If your feet get sweaty and hot, it is better to look for a shoe that is made of mesh with synthetic leather or leather.
A lot of hikers need the support of high cuff shoes which lace over the ankle and can also surround the ankle for some more support. It will help in scrapes over sticks or rocks, but they don’t provide a lot of support. Go with high cuff shoes if your ankles are weak.
The grip of your shoes is also important. It is especially true when you need to walk down inclines and climb hills. The amount of traction in your shoes will keep you safe and prevent slipping. There is no problem in getting aggressive tread which will offer enhanced traction from slipping.
The ways laces are set up are some of the most unnoticed aspects. Don’t go with hiking shoes that have inferior quality laces, which are not just harder to adjust. But they also don’t stay tight and often loosen up when running.
Different types of hiking shoes for women
Day hiking boot
Usually, day hiking boot comes with excellent ankle support. But it is so hard that you may find trouble in rolling over the ankle when you stand in them. But they weigh a lot less than 3.5 pounds on one pair. They also provide some excellent traction from their larger siblings, backpacking shoes. They are also completely waterproof.
They are heavy and big hitters in the shoe segment. They have been designed to provide complete ankle support even when a heavy 50 pound of a backpack is loaded on your shoulders. These boots are also very durable.
These types of shoes are very comfortable and far more durable than sneakers. But they don’t have ankle support.
Looking for other travel gears? Check out our reviews on hammocks, carry on backpacks, quick-dry towels, water bottles, lightweight jackets, dry bags, hiking boots for men, sleeping bags, hiking bags, backpacking backpacks, power banks, and tents.
Best Hiking Shoes for Women reviews and product descriptions
With this product review, our goal is to make the purchasing process as easier as possible. Here, you will learn about some of the best hiking shoes for women.
You can keep your feet feeling good and comfortable on long days with Merrell Women’s Siren Edge Hiker. These hikers come with anti-fatigue cushioning and mesh lining for proper air circulation. This beautifully designed hiker has a seamless upper mesh with ghillie laces.
- Athletically styled hiker featuring seamless upper overlays with color-pop webbing and ghillie laces
- Breathable mesh lining
- Bellows tongue to keep out debris
- M-Select FIT.ECO contoured footbed with organic odor control
- Shock-absorbing air cushion heel
Columbia Women’s Newton Ridge Plus hiking shoes have been tested well for durability in Pacific Northwest. It has a waterproof body to protect against streams, early morning dew, and rain showers. It has airy mesh, which is breathable. You can easily walk on rugged terrain with Omni-Grip safety. Columbia products are engineered with top quality materials and best technologies.
- ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY: Columbia Women's Newton Ridge Plus Waterproof Hiking Boot features our lightweight, durable midsole for long lasting comfort, superior cushioning, and high energy return as well as an advanced traction rubber sole for slip-free movement on rough ground.
- HANDY FEATURES: Treacherous days out on the trail are comfortable and worry-free with this boot's waterproof full-grain leather and mesh bootie construction and its durable mesh tongue for breathability.
- ADJUSTABLE FEATURES: The Newton Ridge Plus Waterproof Hiking Boot features a lace-up closure for an adjustable, secure fit.
- FEMININE STYLE: This women's waterproof hiking boot delivers style and durability with its contrasting color combinations and soft mesh exterior.
- OMNI-GRIP: This multi-terrain traction system matches specially formulated compounds and treads to specific environments. A dual-zone winter tread pattern ensures solid footing on surfaces such as ice and snow.
Merrell Women’s Accentor Low Hiking Shoes- is made of breathable mesh upper and suede leather, comfortable to wear. It has shock absorption, removable footbed, with sticky rubber outsole for traction control on rugged and steep terrain. This shoes also has antimicrobial treatment control to prevent and fight odors so that you can wear it in all types of climates.
- Leather and fabric uppers
- Lace up closure for a secure fit
- Fabric linings
- Cushioned footbed for added comfort
- Air Cushioned heel
Ahnu Sugarpine Air Mesh is the best walking boots for women as it has added protection on the heel, toe, and outsole with a light body. Ahnu designs best products to meet the needs for an active lifestyle of those who love trails over treadmills. It has neutral positioning with Numentum Technology, which is designed to support natural biomechanics of your foot.
- Removable insole
- Bright Plum
Enjoy the hiking to the fullest with comfortable and lightweight Salomon hiking boots women’s Ellipse GTX. It is well built and athletically-inspired for you to move in the mountains comfortably. It provides better flexibility, less weight, and more cushioning with GORE-TEX waterproof material.
Oboz Women’s Sawtooth Low BDry hiking shoe is made of imported leather and synthetic sole. It is made of a breathable and waterproof membrane with BFit dual-density foam insole which has formed heel cup and supports your plantar fascia. It has O FIT Insole so you can walk several miles on your desired trails.
- Waterproof: Three core components make up our B-DRY waterproof system starting with our proprietary tape-sealed polyurethane film bootie. Hydrophobic upper materials keep the shoe watertight while our textile lining wicks sweat away.
- Outsole: Swiftcurrent A womens-specific design providing incredible durability, stability and comfort with lugs that offer ample traction strolling down Main Street and enough grip under foot to lead you on the trail.
- Volume: Medium volume feet tend to be standard width with some combinations of high and/or low arches and a high and/or low instep
- Width: Womens standard width is B in the heel and C in the forefoot Patterns and materials in a given model may influence fit. We always recommend trying our footwear on to ensure the best possible fit.
- Upper Material: Waterproof nubuck leather. Oboz B-DRY waterproof/breathable membrane
These women’s black hiking boots from KEEN are made of breathable mesh and waterproof leather. You can wear these boots in the city streets or mountains. Keen’s philosophy is HybridLife, which means outdoor can be anyplace without a ceiling.
- Rugged mid-height hiker with mesh side underlays and pull-on loops at heel and tongue
- 4mm multi-directional lugs
- Dual-density compression molded EVA foam midsole
- Non-marking rubber outsole
- Patented toe protection.Metatomical Footbed support mechanism is anatomically engineered to provide arch support and cradle the natural contours of the foot, Contoured heel lock
These women lightweight waterproof hiking boots have Vibram sole and deep lugs for unbeatable grip. It has lug patterns which provide high stability in all conditions. In these shoes, lugs are not placed under an arch. Hence it gives added flexibility for natural and exceptional comfort.
- Breathable mesh lining
- Performance suede leather and mesh upper
- Bellows, closed-cell foam tongue keeps moisture and debris out
- Merrell M Select FIT.ECO+ blended EVA contoured footbed with added zonal arch and heel support
- Vibram TC5+ sole
Get the perfect balance of stability and cushioning that can carry you from the trailhead to anywhere trail takes you in this Ultra Fastpack II GTX Hiking Shoe from The North Face. So if you are looking for the best hiking shoes for women, you may think of considering this lightweight and waterproof shoe that you can use in all your hiking adventures rain or shine.
- Size 10.5
- Welded abrasion-resistant mesh upper.
- Waterproof Gore-Tex membrane.
- Cradle Guide dual-density EVA midsole.
- Rubberized toe cap
Capra Bolt Mid waterproof hiking boot from Merrell is engineered for your high adrenaline hiking adventures to nurture the mountain goat within you. It has sturdy outsole for superior grip to move on terrain with confidence.
- EVA Midsole for comfort
- EVA contoured footbed
- Nylon Arch Shank
- 3.5mm lug depth
- Bellows tongue to keep out debris
Are you on Pinterest? Pin these for later read!