This post contains affiliate links. For more information, please read our disclosure policy.
It is not easy to find the best day pack. However, you need to decide which one to buy. You need the best daypack along with just a good one. You are in luck if you are in search of best rated day packs for travel.
We have listed some of the best day packs, and you will go through our buying guide before buying. Keep in mind all daypacks are not essential to be backpacks. You can choose from different styles and colors.
Are you in a hurry? Here are our top picks and answers to your questions!
- Our top pick – Herschel Little America Backpack- Black
- Most rated – Camelbak Products M.U.L.E. Hydration Backpack
- Most sturdy – Osprey Packs Osprey Stratos 24 Backpack
- Safest bag – Travelon Anti Theft Classic Backpack
Here's the latest travel deals we got for you
→ Save money on Airbnb. Use our link to sign up and you'll get $33 off your first booking and an additional $12 off if you book/buy tours and experiences from Airbnb. Thanks over $47 of savings!
→ Find great deals on hotels on Booking.com! We found great discounts from this hotel booking website and has scored few luxury hotels that are up to 50% off. If you've used them enough, you'll get an access to more deals and discounts.
Table of Contents
- 1 The Best Day Pack for Travel Comparison Chart
- 2 A Travel Gear Guide: How to Choose The Best Day Pack for Travel and What to Consider
- 3 Best Day Pack for Travel reviews and product descriptions
- 3.1 Osprey Packs Daylite Plus Daypack
- 3.2 The North Face Borealis Daypack
- 3.3 Osprey Packs Osprey Stratos 24 Backpack
- 3.4 Outlander Packable Lightweight Travel Hiking Backpack Daypack
- 3.5 Herschel Little America Backpack- Black
- 3.6 Camelbak Products M.U.L.E. Hydration Backpack
- 3.7 JanSport Unisex SuperBreak
- 3.8 High Sierra Curve Backpack
- 3.9 Pacsafe Luggage Backpack/Daypack Venturesafe
- 3.10 Travelon Anti Theft Classic Backpack
- 4 Are you on Pinterest? Pin these for later read!
The Best Day Pack for Travel Comparison Chart
|MODEL||DIMENSION||OTHER COLORS AVAILABLE||AMAZON RATING||CHECK PRICES:|
|Osprey Packs Daylite Plus Daypack||18 x 10 x 10 "||YES||4.4/5||CHECK PRICES|
|The north face Borealis Daypack||18.1 x 13.8 x 10.6 inches||NO||4.4/5||CHECK PRICES|
|Osprey Packs Osprey Stratos 24 Backpack||22 x 12 x 12 inches||YES||4.7/5||CHECK PRICES|
|Outtlander Packable Lightweight Travel Hiking Backpack Daypack||13.2 x 8.1 x 2.9 inches||YES||4.5/5||CHECK PRICES|
|Herschel Little America Backpack- Black||19.2x 11.2 x 7 inches||NO||4.3/5||CHECK PRICES|
|Camelbak Products M.U.L.E. Hydration Backpack||8 x 18 x 8 inches||NO||4.7/5||CHECK PRICES|
|JanSport Unisex SuperBreak Janpsort Navy Night Sky Backpack||16.75" x 13" x 8.5||NO||4.6/5||CHECK PRICES|
|High Sierra Curve Backpack||18.5 x 12.5 x 8.5 inches||YES||4.5/5||CHECK PRICES|
|Pacsafe Venture Safe||7.9 x 19.7 x 11.4 inches||YES||4.3/5||CHECK PRICES|
|Travelon Anti Theft Classic Backpack||6 x 16 x 12 inches||YES||4.6/5||CHECK PRICES|
A Travel Gear Guide: How to Choose The Best Day Pack for Travel and What to Consider
Why should you get a daypack?
You should consider your needs for using a daypack most of the time. If you are going to bike most of the time, you may buy a daypack, which is designed well to hug your back. If you are biking for the weekend, use daypack to commute and work every day. You can buy a day bag which will meet your needs.
Do you need a daypack?
You need a small travel backpack for different activities like cycling, hiking, commuting, and traveling. You will not have to buy a daypack for each event.
How to choose the best day pack?
You should consider the function of your day pack. Do you want it for sightseeing? Are you hiking all day long? Do you need a bag that is easy to collapse? Are you traveling for your work and you need a padded iPad/laptop slot? You should consider the functions you need based on your trip.
You will need small travel bags that are both versatile and heavy-duty. It should be waterproof daypack if you want to carry electronics like an iPad or laptop. Weather and climate play a vital role to figure out the best daypack for travel. A lot of nylon day packs are not usually warm.
Whether you are hiking in Norway or spending a few hours on nearby trails, you can find a lot of functions like refillable hydration bladder. You may also like the option to attach gears. Bags for men and women may be different in looks and functionality.
If you are looking for a travel daypack for city exploration or hopping on the bus or train, you may need clasps or zippers to close your daypack properly. It will keep your stuff secure in crowds while biking or walking around or moving on various transport modes. Look for the urban daypack for city adventures that can hold what you need and manage all day.
Consider how packable a daypack is? How small do you need a backpack to fold in its own? The ideal packable daypacks are sometimes the ones bought to fold them and keep in another bag.
Some daypacks come with large compartments that can hold around 20 liters. However, small daypacks can hold about 10 liters. If you have to hold a tablet or laptop, you may need a stable pack with a padded slot.
Some daypacks are meant to be lightweight when they are usually empty and don’t hold a lot of stuff. So, they are known to be lightweight even though they are loaded.
Usually, travelers go with certain brands which are reputable and which have been recommended by a fellow traveler. Some of the leading brands for the best day pack are Osprey, North Face, Outlander, Camelbak, Herschel, JanSport, Travelon, High Sierra, and Pacsafe. Keep in mind warranties vary according to a brand.
For example, Osprey is known for “All Mighty Guarantee,” covering different things and faulty gear except “normal wear and tear” because of aging. In that case, look for warranties and repair options for brands before buying.
Most of the day packs come in different colors. Daypacks come with different external pockets along with meshing, and some are neat and clean it looks.
These daypacks come with details like zippers, clean lines, and designs. Daypacks for hiking have mesh pockets and adjustable poles and other gear. You should choose backpacks with chest straps for 5great stability and support, and waist straps can take the weight off of the shoulders.
The security of the daypack depends on the material. It is a rugged backpack, which is far less likely to rip. Some daypacks come with several interior pockets that are shut with zipper or snap to secure a tablet or laptop.
Different types of daypacks
These are the most popular daypack backpack which works well for daily use. These types of backpacks are reasonably cheap, work well for bike commuting, best for campus life, and overall traveling. They are best to use around the city or town. They have several pockets to keep things organized.
Unlike general daypacks, technical daypacks are designed for serious hiking trips and are made with smaller capacity packs. This small day pack has a lot of unique features like room for a water bladder.
A framed sheet or internal frame, larger main pocket to carry different outdoor gear, a lot of adjustment straps for a more comfortable fit, and webbing on out of the pack to carry awkward sized or wet clothing items and more.
Daypacks for women
These types of big daypacks can fit differently than packs for men due to different proportions and body dimensions. Torso lengths and straps will vary.
Daypacks for men
It is going to vary from man to man. Breathability is an ideal consideration, especially how full the daypack is going to be as well as the climate you are going in.
Best Day Pack for Travel reviews and product descriptions
In this review, you are going to learn about our thoughts and details of day packs. We will give you some ideas of the best rated day packs when it comes to size, packability, and structure. Needs for every traveler is different.
Whether you are on a trip to the nearest farmer’s market or 14000-ft. Summit, the Daylite Plus packable daypack is designed to attach a lot of travel bags.
It is the best companion for your day trip. It has side mesh pockets to hold items like water bottles.
- Large panel loading main compartment provides accessibility to inside contents
- Dual stretch mesh side pockets provides additional storage options
- The multi-function interior sleeve can be used for either a reservoir, tablet or laptop (up to most 14" laptops); attaches to a variety of compatible Osprey Packs
- Front panel shove-it pocket is great for stashing a light rain shell and other smaller items
- Mesh-covered die-cut foam back panel provides both comfort and ventilation.
This beautiful and sleek 29-liter daypack from North Face comes with two zip pockets to stash gear with ease.
It has a padded laptop sleeve for 15” laptops, large secondary zip pocket with integrated sleeves, and protective tablet sleeve. You can lash on added gear or cinch down inner contents with its bungee cord.
- The North Face lightens the load with the Borealis backpack.
- FlexVent injection-molded shoulder straps with a top layer of Atilon foam for added support.
- Comfortable, padded airmesh back panel with Spine Channel and PE sheet for extra back support.
- Adjustable shoulder straps provide a comfortable and snug fit.
- Integrated reflective loop for blinky light. Winged, stowable hipbelt. Large main compartment for all your essentials. Laptop sleeve is compatible with most 15" laptops. Hydration compatible with port. Front stash pocket and bungee cord for added storage. Mesh side water bottle pockets. Endorsed by the American Chiropractic Association (ACA). Safety whistle located on chest buckle. Capacity: 1770 cu in / 29 L. Materials:•420D nylon.•600D polyester print.•1680D ballistics nylon.
Stratos 24 backpack from Osprey Packs features easy to adjust torso length for improved comfort and fit with innovative looks. It is an ideal go-to option for those who love panel-load organization on day trips in hot or wet environments where you can stay dry.
Don’t worry when the weather turns unfavorable as Stratos travel day bag can keep your gear and gadgets secured, thanks to its integrated rain cover.
- Stow-on-the-go trekking pole attachment
- Integrated raincover
- Internal hydration reservoir sleeve
- Dual side stretch mesh pockets
- Front panel storage pocket
Outlander Packable Travel Hiking Backpack is both durable and water-resistant and is made of water-resistant and rip-proof nylon for long-lasting performance and strength with less weight.
It is long-lasting with reinforced stress points. The backpack is covered with SBS metal zippers which are abrasion-resistant.
- Water-resistant and DURABLE. The backpack is made from highly rip and water-resistant nylon fabric, which provides strength and long-lasting performance, with minimal weight. Stress points are reinforced with bar tacking for increased longevity. We use durable 2-way Abrasion Resistant SBS Metal Zippers across the backpack.
- COMPACT. Folds into zippered inner pocket to fit anywhere. Unfolds from pocket to backpack. A must-have on any trip and a great gift for anyone. Dimensions: Unfold: 18.5x13x7.5 inches, Fold: 8.5x8.5x1.2 inches.
- LIGHTWEIGHT (0.7 Pounds) and ROOMY (35 Liters). A true space saver. Stuff the bag into its own pocket for storage and unzip it when you reach your destination. Avoid overweight baggage charges by simply unfolding it from your luggage and using it as a carry on for your excess baggage.
- MULTIPLE COMPARTMENTS. Features a classic shape with several pockets for storage and organization. This backpack has a roomy main compartment, two front zipper pockets to hold small accessories, and two side pockets for water bottles or umbrellas.
- NEW VERSION: Includes aluminum CARABINER, WHISTLE buckle, and REFLECTOR. The included carabiner clip so you can attach things or clip it to things; the chest strap with a whistle buckle help you lock your backpack in place securely. NO FLAPS WITH THE ZIPPER, never struggle with zipping the compartments again! Get Outlander backpacks, don't worry about zippers that catch onto flaps. All Outlander bags come with our Lifetime Warranty- return, exchange -- whatever it takes.
Herschel is known for providing best quality products thanks to its Limited Lifetime Warranty. Which means this lightweight travel bag is free of manufacturing and material defects. It covers daily and everyday use for a lifetime.
- HERSCHEL COLLECTION: Click on our brand logo at the top of the page to explore the full collection from Herschel Supply.
- WARRANTY: We stand behind the quality of our products with a Limited Lifetime Warranty* - our guarantee that every Herschel Supply item is free of material/manufacturing defects. This warranty begins on the date of purchase and covers common/everyday use for the duration of the original purchaser's lifetime. Herschel Supply's warranty is only valid on products purchased from authorized retailers. Amazon.com and select Amazon affiliates are the only authorized retailers on Amazon.com.
- DURABLE DESIGN: A timeless silhouette inspired by the classic mountaineering style. Sturdy polyester and nylon fabric, made for all adventures. Signature striped liner, drawcord closure and magnet-fastened straps with metal pin buckles. Finished with Herschel's classic woven label. Spacious, versatile and tech-friendly, the Herschel Little America is suited for both your everyday commutes and your airplane carry-ons.
- MEN/WOMEN/UNISEX: The Herschel Little America Backpack was made for everyone. Use it for your commute, the school week, a business trip, or a weekend adventure.
- 25L CAPACITY: 19.25" high and 11. 25" wide. From your passport to your heavy textbooks, there's plenty of space to fit everything you need for school, work or travel.
M.U.L.E. Hydration backpack features organizer pocket to carry all your biking essentials. The quick link system is provided with the antidote reservoir and XV Back Panel.
It has a weather-resistant zipper and easy to access MP3 pocket.
- DURABLE MOUNTAIN BIKING HYDRATION BACKPACK: The CamelBak M.U.L.E. Mountain Biking Hydration Backpack has a narrow-gauge design that keeps it light and maneuverable. Even when it's fully loaded for mountain biking, it won't get in your way.
- MORE WATER PER SIP: This backpack is built around the Crux reservoir, which is easier to load and refill and delivers 20% more water with every sip. The magnetic tube trap keeps the tube secure and accessible when you need it.
- PRACTICAL AND FUNCTIONAL BACKPACK: The M.U.L.E. hits that sweet spot between size and storage. This backpack is lightweight but still allows you to pack three liters of water and a day's worth of snacks and gear.
- INFUSED TECHNOLOGY FOR ENHANCED COMFORT: CamelBak has designed the M.U.L.E. 100-ounce backpack with reflective accents for improved visibility, a removable stability belt, and an air director back panel for improved cooling.
- IF WE BUILD IT - WE'LL BAK IT: Our Got Your Bak Lifetime Guarantee covers all reservoirs, backpacks, bottles, and accessories from manufacturing defects in materials and workmanship for the lifetime of the product.
This classic backpack has padded shoulder straps, with the main compartment made of 600D Poly/11W Corduroy fabric, front pocket organizer where you can store your accessories.
It can comfortably and efficiently carry your gear for several years.
It is a world-class all-around backpack from High Sierra which offers ideal storage, and it has a lot of features to get you around the city. It is the best companion for students, travelers, as well as athletes.
The main compartment is large enough for all your gear, and it has a front-load compartment to access your items with ease.
- Generous main compartments and multiple pockets allow you to keep all of your gear secure and organized.
- Multiple pockets, pen pockets and key fob hook are perfect for keeping all of your smaller items secure.
- Stay hydrated by keeping your drink close at hand with a mesh beverage pocket.
- Have your tunes close at hand with the media pocket with headphone routing port.
- Padding in the back panel provides comfort when carrying your gear.
The Pacsafe Venture Safe G.I.I., 25L anti-theft day pack is durable, lightweight, and secure for adventures, long hikes, handy carry-on, and daily commute.
It provides a lot of organizational choices along with inner padded sleeve to carry 15” laptop.
- ANTI-THEFT DESIGN - with Securable Zippers and Cut Proof Material (lightweight steel mesh) to prevent theft/ pickpocketing, plus an RFID blocking pocket to keep your credit cards/ IDs safe. Patented in the USA, by Pacsafe, the original anti-theft brand. The material is N210D 3line ripstop & N400D 100T
- ORGANIZATION & POCKETS - 2* Securable Zipper Exterior Pockets, 1* Padded & Suspended Interior Notebook Sleeve (Fits 15" Laptop), 2* Side Pockets for Water Bottles or Umbrella, 1* Zipper Interior Pocket, 1* RFID safe Pocket (to prevent unauthorized scans)
- COMFORTABLE TRAVEL BACKPACK - With padded shoulder straps, adjustable & removable hip belt for stability, sternum strap to keep the bag in place and system to fit a hydration pack. Ideal for women and men when going on hikes or traveling international.
- OUR HIGHEST RATED DAYPACK - Built by travelers: padded laptop sleeve is suspended (device won't touch bag bottom), with straps that hold water bottles in the side pockets securely in place and anti-theft features. Accepted as a carry-on by most airlines.
- DIMENSIONS, WEIGHT & WARRANTY - 19.7"H x 11.4"W x 7.9"D Lightweight: 2.08 lbs. Made of soft, durable, water resistant and easy to wipe clean nylon and polyester to ensure secure & long-lasting usage. Comes with a 5-year Pacsafe warranty.
Travelon has become the industry leader for travelers and as per reviews, it is one of the best day pack. This anti-theft classic backpack has locking compartments to prevent pickpockets.
RFID Blocking to prevent identity thefts, locking straps to avoid opportunist thieves, and slash-resistant body and straps to prevent slash n’ grab thieves.
- Locking compartments
- Slash-resistant body construction and slash-resistant, adjustable backpack straps
- RFID blocking card and passport slots
- Holds iPad or tablet
- Size: 12 x 16 x 6
Are you on Pinterest? Pin these for later read!
Founder of Pretty Wild World and one of the leading experts in Europe travel, the Nordics, and Scandinavia Destinations.
Evan Kristine has been mentioned in big publications such as The Huffington Post and the Thought Catalog has been sharing her useful travel tips and hacks to the world for more than five years now.
Nowadays, she is a full-time traveler exploring and documenting her journey around the world providing you the next best travel idea for your great next adventure.