Officially called the ‘Republic of the Philippines,’ the Philippines is located in Southeast Asia. There are around 7641 islands combined to make this country in the western Pacific Ocean. These are broadly categorized into three different geographical divisions – Mindanao, Luzon, and the Visayas.
The country is rich in natural resources and has some of the greatest biodiversity in the world. It is among the ten most biologically diverse nations. It has rainforests, beaches, islands, diving spots, and mountains to attract tourists. To explore the beautiful landscapes, you would need a Philippine visa.
Table of Contents
A Step-by-Step Guide on How to Apply for Philippines Visa
Visiting the Philippines as a tourist
It is very easy to enter the Philippines without a visa. The Philippines has democratic relations with over 150 countries. It means their citizens can easily enter the Philippines and stay for around 30 days without obtaining a visitor’s visa.
The condition is that their passport should be valid for 6 months at least after arriving in the country, and they need to show proof of a return journey. You can book here: The Philippine Airlines flight tickets and find great deals.
If you want to stay for a longer period, you can apply for a visa extension before your trip from the Philippine Embassy or Consulate, or the Bureau of Immigration in the Philippines.
However, citizens of Israel and Brazil can stay for around 59 days, citizens of Macau and hong kong can stay around 14 days, and Portuguese passport holders can stay only for 7 days free with a passport in pre-turnover Macau.
What is a tourist visa in the Philippines?
You may visit the Philippines without a visa for up to 30 days. A tourist visa is available from the Philippine Embassy before traveling, and you can stay for 59 days. You can also extend your stay at the Bureau of Immigration.
How to apply for a Philippines visa?
Determine the type of visa that you need to enter the Philippines?
There are different types of visa you can apply for when it comes to entering the Philippines –
- Tourist Visa – It is required only for the stays for around 30 days, and it needs multiple entries.
- Non-Immigrant Visa – It is granted for pre-arranged trade, employment, education, and transit. The visa requirements vary considerably.
- Non-quota immigrant visa – It applies to the spouses and children of Philippine citizens and the returning Filipinos who are born there naturally.
- Special Resident Retiree Visa – It is basically a non-immigrant visa that enables endless stay and multiple entries. Applicants should submit a deposit according to their retirement pension and age to take part in this visa program.
- Quota immigrant visa – It is applicable for the applicants who have enough financial capital and have great qualifications or professional skills to help the nation. Around 50 immigrant visas are allowed per year.
Nationalities who can obtain a tourist visa on arrival and for how long
If you have a valid visa by Canada, Australia, Japan, USA, or Schengen country, you may enter the Philippines without a visa for the stay, which does not exceed 7 days for tourism. If you are visiting Manila, you should have a return ticket to the country of origin.
Requirements checklist which you need to read before you start applying
- Duly filled and signed application form available at the official consulate website
- Copy of passport id page
- Original passport
- Residence permit or visa
- Hotel bookings
- Return airline tickets
- Bank statements
- One passport photo (which is taken recently, see the nearest consulate site for complete photo requirements)
Apply for your visa
– Where to send your application?
You can apply for a Philippines tourist visa only in person. If you need an appointment, refer to your nearest consulate website. You cannot apply for the tourist visa by mail. However, you can request returning the approved passport and visa via mail. With your visa application, attach a self-addressed envelope. For more details, refer to the nearest consulate website.
– How much will it cost you?
Visa fee relies on the country and application where you are going to apply –
- Visa for a single entry – US$30 to US$40
- Visa for multiple entries – US$40 to US$50
Patiently wait for your visa
How long does it take to get approved?
It takes up to 2 to 10 working days to process a Philippines visa. Applications should be sent for verification to Manila for some specific nations. Processing might take a longer time.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How early can I apply visa for the Philippines?
Refunds are not allowed in case a visa is rejected before the date of departure. Be sure to apply for a visa around 3 months before to avoid delays.
What happens if I get denied?
There are different reasons behind the rejection of the Philippines visa. The main reason behind the rejection of a visa is a lack of attention to be paid to basic needs to apply for a visa for the Philippines.
You need to pay complete attention to various reasons behind visa rejection. Here are some of the common reasons behind visa rejections:
- Fake documents – If you submit false documents, knowingly or unknowingly, your visa can be rejected. It may further charges to generate or provide false documents and result in rejection of the Philippines visa.
- Lack of awareness on visa category – If you do not know the purpose of visa for the Philippines or mentioned the wrong purpose, or even misused it, you might face rejection of visa. So, check the category before applying.
- Financial requirements – Having insufficient funds or debts in the bank might also be the reason for rejection of the Philippines visa and requirements vary as per the purpose and duration of the visit.
How to avoid rejection of a Philippines visa?
Consider these do’s and don’ts to avoid rejections
- Submit proper documents
- Fill the application form duly
- Be aware of the purpose of visit
- Carry all the credentials
- Provide correct and true information
- Understand the category of application
- Don’t break the rules
- Don’t submit fake documents
- Don’t mislead visa authorities
- Be confident and do not carry anything, which is not allowed
Do I need a visa to go to the Philippines?
You do not need a visa to enter the Philippines for 30 days. You can refer to the Philippine Embassy to get a tourist visa before traveling, which will allow the initial stay for 59 days. You can even extend your stay at the Bureau of Immigration.
Does Australian need a visa to the Philippines?
As of August 1, 2013, Australian passport holders do not need a visa to enter the Philippines if they want to say for 30 days for business purposes or tourism. They have to hold return tickets to another country and passport must be valid up to 6 months at least.
Do I need a visa to go to the Philippines from Ireland?
Citizens of Ireland do not need a visa to go to the Philippines for the initial 30 days. If you do not know entry requirements, including immigration and visa information, ask the nearest Consulate or Embassy of the Philippines or your travel agent.
Here is the address for more details:
Address to apply for Philippines visa from USA
Name: Embassy of the United States, Manila
Address: 1201 Roxas Blvd, Ermita, Manila, 1000 Metro Manila, Philippines
Ambassador: Sung Kim
Phone: +63 2 301 2000
Address to apply for Philippines visa from Canada
Name: Embassy of the Philippines
Address: 30 Murray St, Ottawa, ON K1N 5M4, Canada
Phone: +1 613-233-1121
Fax: +1 613-2334165
E-mail: [email protected]
Address to apply for Philippines visa from UK
Address to apply for Philippines visa from Australia