USA Vacation Ideas
Quick Facts & Travel Tips
- Capital City? Washington, D.C
- Currency? US dollars
- Languages? English, Spanish
- Where is this place? North America
- What is the USA famous for? National parks, road trips, beautiful beaches, mountains, technology, theme parks, Hollywood, sports, and music
- How to get there? You can easily fly to many State capital from around the world. You can also cross the border by land from Canada and Mexico. There are also loads of cruises that go from Europe to the States.
- Transportation in the USA? Buses, trains, renting your own car, and flying
- Which side of the road do they drive? Right-hand side
- What is the electricity plug type? Type A and B. Read our electric adapter review!
- Neighboring countries? Canada and Mexico
Do you need a visa for the USA?
There are a different type of visas if you want to enter the USA:
- Non-immigrant visa – tourism, business, work, visiting family members, or for studies
- Immigrant visa – for those who would like to immigrate to the USA
To make things a bit more interesting when it comes to applying for a non-immigrant visa, there are also different types of visas and waivers depending on your citizenship:
- If you belong to one of the countries above, you do not need to apply for a non-immigrant visa but you would need to apply for a Waiver Program also called ESTA. Here’s our step-by-step guide, click here.
- If you, however, are from the Republic of China then you need to apply for the EVUS visa.
- If you don’t belong in one of the countries above nor is a citizen of the Republic of China, you would need to apply for a B1 or B2 non-immigrant tourist visa.
Where to book your flights to the USA?
Check our handy-dandy guide on how to find the cheapest flights around the world – read it here.
Do you need travel insurance for the USA?
OUR TOP TRAVEL GUIDES & TIPS
What are the top 10 places to visit in summer in USA? This list features some of the most notable destinations that you should add to your summer itinerary.
Are you planning to visit the USA soon? Make sure you check if you need a visa as a tourist. This is our detailed guide on how to apply for ESTA USA visa.
The famous Big Apple and one of the most visited city in the whole world, there are numerous things to do in New York City that you must not miss! We have compiled a short list for those who are visiting for the first time, read it now and let us help you plan your trip.
Are you planning to visit New York City soon? We have tons of awesome suggestions! Check this post to learn about the top places to visit in New York City where you’ll find out what stands out the most and immerse yourself in its melting pot of cultures.
Are you planning to visit USA’s “Sunshine State”? Here’s a list of the top places to visit in Florida you must not miss from a stunning national park to the buzzing city of Miami! Each destination is filled with amazing things to do and fun activities for travelers and for the whole family!