Indonesia Vacation Ideas
Quick Facts & Travel Tips
- Capital City? Jakarta
- Currency? Indonesian rupiah ( Rp)
- Language(s)? Malay and English
- Where is this country located? Southeast Asia
- What is Indonesia famous for? Indonesia is the most famous for its island and beaches, and Indonesia is also one of the world major producers of agricultural commodities.
- Best time to visit Indonesia and seasons? May to September when the days are dry and sunny
- Transportation in Indonesia? Buses, van, grab, uber, and train
- International Airport(s)? Jakarta International Airport (Soekarno-Hatta-CGK), Ngurah Rai International Airport (DPS), Sultan Aji Muhammad Sulaiman Sepinggan International Airport (BPN)
- Which side of the road do they drive? They drive on the left side of the road.
- What is the electricity plug type? Type C and F, 230V Check our travel adapter review!
- Neighboring countries? Papua New Guinea, Brunei, Singapore, Thailand, the Philippines, Malaysia, East Timor, and Australia
Do you need a visa for Indonesia?
There are 170 countries who could enter Indonesia on visa exemption and 68 countries who are eligible to apply for a visa on arrival that gives the traveler the opportunity to extend their stay for another 30 days. You can read more about it here.
Check this detailed guide on how to apply for an Indonesia visa – read it here.
Where to book your flights to Indonesia?
Check our handy-dandy guide on how to find the cheapest flights around the world – read it here.