Japan Vacation Ideas
Quick Facts & Travel Tips
- Capital City? Tokyo
- Currency? Japanese yen (¥ )
- Language(s)? Nihongo
- Where is this country located? East Asia
- What is Japan famous for? Traditional arts including tea ceremonies and calligraphy and floral arranging.
- Best time to visit Japan and seasons? If you want to see the cherry blossoms, you must come in Spring (March to May), skiing season is during winter (November to March), and the peak season is in Summer (June to August). Autumn (September to October) is also a nice time to visit if you want to see the cities and villages bloom in color!
- Transportation in Japan? The metro system is very efficient in bigger cities and to get around the country, you can take the bullet train, buses, and by flying
- International Airport(s)? Tokyo International Airport/Haneda (HND), Narita International Airport (NRT), Kansai International Airport (KIX), Kansai International Airport (KIX)
- Which side of the road do they drive? They drive on the left side of the road.
- What is the electricity plug type? Type A and B,100V. Check our travel adapter review!
- Neighboring countries? By sea: South Korea, The Philippines, and Taiwan
Do you need a visa for Japan?
Check out this detailed guide on how to apply for a Japan visa – read it here.
Where to book your flights to Japan?
Check our handy-dandy guide on how to find the cheapest flights around the world – read it here.
Do you need travel insurance for Japan?
Remember this: anything can happen! Read our take on why you need travel insurance and how it can save you money when things go unplanned – read it here.