Malaysia Vacation Ideas
Quick Facts & Travel Tips
- Capital City? Kuala Lumpur
- Currency? Malaysian Ringgit RM
- Language(s)? Malay
- Where is this country located? Southeast Asia
- What is Malaysia famous for? Malaysia is one of the most world-famous when it comes to coastal tourism. And their Malaysian cuisine is also of the best.
- Best time to visit Malaysia and seasons? Between November to February are the best times to visit as the weather is cooler and calmer
- Transportation in Malaysia? To travel in the city, the best way is to use the metro system or to use Grab. To get around the country, you can take buses and ferries
- International Airport(s)? Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KUL)
- Which side of the road do they drive? They drive on the left side of the road.
- What is the electricity plug type? Type G, 240V. Check our travel adapter review!
- Neighboring countries? Brunei, Indonesia, Thailand, Singapore, and the Philippines
Do you need a visa for Malaysia?
If you’re a citizen of Canada, the USA, the EU group of countries, Australia, New Zealand, some of the South American countries, and the rest of the 63 jurisdictions can stay in Malaysia for up to 90 days. For more information how long you can stay in Malaysia or if you need a visa, you can read this helpful post.
Check out this detailed guide on how to apply for a Malaysian visa – read it here.
Where to book your flights to Malaysia?
Check our handy-dandy guide on how to find the cheapest flights around the world – read it here.