South Korea Vacation Ideas
Quick Facts & Travel Tips
- Capital City? Seoul
- Currency? Korean Won (₩)
- Language(s)? Korean
- Where is this country located? East Asia
- What is South Korea famous for? It is famous for its economy booming with branded electronic products, cuisine, k-pop, culture and tradition, and the beauty industry
- Best time to visit South Korea and seasons? Autumn (September to December) and Spring (March to May) is the best time to visit South Korea!
- How to get around? Traveling by train is the most efficient way to get around South Korea
- International Airport(s)? Incheon International Airport (ICN)
- Which side of the road do they drive? They drive on the right-hand side of the road
- What is the electricity plug type? Type C and type F, 220V. Check our travel adapter review
- Neighboring countries? China and Japan
Do you need a visa for South Korea?
If you’re a citizen of Canada, you can stay in South Korea up to 180 days and if you’re a citizen of the EU group of countries (except Cyprus), the US, most of Central and South American countries, Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia, Taiwan, Thailand, UAE, Japan, Singapore, and other more countries – you can check it here – can stay up to 90 days.
Check out this detailed guide on how to apply for a South Korean visa – read it here.
Where to book your flights to South Korea?
Check our handy-dandy guide on how to find the cheapest flights around the world – read it here.