Taiwan Vacation Ideas
Quick Facts & Travel Tips
- Capital City? Taipei
- Currency? Taiwanese Dollar
- Language(s)? Taiwanese Mandarin, Standard Mandarin, and Mandarin Chinese
- Where is this country located? East Asia
- What is Taiwan famous for? Food, beautiful sceneries, tea and pearl milk tea, seafood, and much more!
- Best time to visit Taiwan and seasons? Spring (March to May) and Autumn (August to October) is the best time to visit Taiwan as the weather is not so hot, calm, and perfect for outdoor activities. Winter (November to February) is mild and the temperature rarely drops below 10°C, therefore, it is also a good time to visit if you want to come on low season. Make sure to bring a good jacket, an umbrella, and comfortable shoes!
- Transportation in Taiwan? It is easy to get around this country. They have buses and Metros within the city and they have high-speed trains to travel between cities.
- International Airport(s)? Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport (TPE)
- Which side of the road do they drive? Right-hand side
- What is the electricity plug type? Type A and B. 110V. Read our electric travel adapter reviews!
- Neighboring countries? Separated by sea: China, Japan, South Korea, and the Philippines
Do you need a visa for Taiwan?
Most EU passport holders, citizens from the UK, Canada, New Zealand, the USA, and Australia are permitted to stay in Taiwan for 30 to 90 days. For information on how to obtain a visa for Taiwan, please refer to this post.
Where to book your flights to Taiwan?
Check our handy-dandy guide on how to find the cheapest flights around the world – read it here.