Armenia Vacation Ideas
Quick Facts & Travel Tips
- Capital City? Yerevan
- Currency? Armenian dram, Noah’s Ark silver coins
- Where is this country located? Eurasia, Western Asia
- What is Armenia famous for? They have the oldest winery, Yerevan is one of the world’s oldest capitals, and Noah’s Ark might be located here
- Best time to visit Armenia and seasons? Spring (April to May) and Autumn (September to October) are the best time to visit Armenia as the weather’s calm and not so hot like in Summer (June to August). Winter (November to March) is also good for skiing!
- Transportation in Armenia? Trams, buses, and subways are the best ways to get around Yerevan. You can also travel around the country by bus!
- International Airport(s)? Zvartnots International Airport (EVN)
- Which side of the road do they drive? Right-hand side
- What is the electricity plug type? Types C and F. 230V. Read our travel adapter reviews!
- Neighboring countries? Turkey, Georgia, Azerbaijan, and Iran
Do you need a visa for Armenia?
Citizens from EU countries, the USA, Canda, New Zealand, the UK, Japan, South Korea, Qatar, Singapore, and UAE can enter Armenia without a visa up to 180 days in a calendar year. For other citizens, you would need to apply for a visa prior to your visit. Alternatively, you can apply for an e-visa.
Where to book your flights to Armenia?
Check our handy-dandy guide on how to find the cheapest flights around the world – read it here.