Azerbaijan Vacation Ideas
Quick Facts & Travel Tips
- Capital City? Baku
- Currency? Azerbaijani Manat
- Language(s)? Azerbaijani
- Where is this country located? Eurasia, Eastern Europe, Western Asia
- What is Azerbaijan famous for? Horses, gas, grapes, volcanoes, and carpets
- Best time to visit Azerbaijan and seasons? Spring to early Summer (April to June) and Autumn (September to October) are the best times to visit as Summers (June to August) can get really hot.
- Transportation in Azerbaijan? Funiculars, buses, trains, flying, and ferries are the best ways to get around the country
- International Airport(s)? Heydar Aliyev International Airport (GYD)
- Which side of the road do they drive? Right-hand side
- What is the electricity plug type? Types C and F. 220V. Check our list of the top adapters reviews!
- Neighboring countries? Russia, Georgia, Armenia, and Iran
Do you need a visa for Azerbaijan?
Citizens of Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russia, Tajikistan, Ukraine, and Uzbekistan can enter Azerbaijan on visa-exempt up to 90 days. Otherwise, citizens from 95 countries including the EU, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, most of Central and South America should obtain an e-Visa prior to their visit. You can read the full list of 95 countries here.
Where to book your flights to Azerbaijan?
Check our handy-dandy guide on how to find the cheapest flights around the world – read it here.