Turkey Vacation Ideas
Quick Facts & Travel Tips
- Capital City? Istanbul
- Currency? Turkish lira
- Languages? Turkish
- Where is this place? Located in Eurasia (sandwiched between Europe and Asia)
- What is Turkey famous for? Textiles, Iznik Ceramics, Turkish Coffee, Turkish Delight, and different famous Turkish Foods!
- Best time to visit Turkey? Summers can get really hot in Turkey while Winters can get really cold. The optimum time to visit will be in Spring (April to May) or Autumn (September to November) as the weather will be delightful and you can expect fewer crowds.
- How to get there? You can easily fly to Istanbul or other big cities in Turkey from different hubs from around the world. That said, you can also cross the country by bus, car, or by train.
- Neighboring countries? Greece, Bulgaria, Georgia, and Armenia
Do you need a visa for Turkey?
The visa policy of Turkey is a bit more complicated than the Schengen visa as the country has several rules about it. Tourists from some countries may not need a visa to enter the country, while some only need to obtain e-Visa which can be retrieved online and you can do it by filling out this application form visa Turkey.
Where to book your flights to Turkey?
Check our handy-dandy guide on how to find the cheapest flights around the world – read it here.