Albania Vacation Ideas
Quick Facts & Travel Tips
- Capital City? Tirana
- Currency? Albanian Lek
- Languages? Albanian
- Where is this place? Central Southern Europe
- Best time to visit Albania? The best time is between late-Spring and the beginning of Summer (April to June) or in Autumn (September to October). The prices will be lower, the weather is comfortable, and there will be fewer tourists. The peak season is from July to August.
- Transportation in Albania? You can also take the train, bus, or car and cross the neighboring countries’ borders.
- International Airport(s)? Tirana International Airport Nënë Tereza
- Which side of the road do they drive? The right-hand side.
- What is the electricity plug type? Types C and F. If you need one, check this post out.
- Neighboring countries? Montenegro, Kosovo, Macedonia, and Greece
Do you need a visa for Albania?
If you have a valid Schengen visa, you can enter Albania. However, citizens of the following countries in this list can enter Albania without a visa granted they are entering for tourism purposes and have a valid travel document.
Where to book your flights to Albania?
Check our handy-dandy guide on how to find the cheapest flights around the world – read it here.
Do you need travel insurance for Albania?
Remember this: anything can happen! Read our take on why you need travel insurance and how it can save you money when things go unplanned – read it here.