Belgium Vacation Ideas
Quick Facts & Travel Tips
- Capital City? Brussels
- Currency? Euro
- Languages? French, Dutch, and German
- Where is this place? Located in Northern Europe
- What is Belgium famous for? French fries, Chocolate, Waffles, and The Big Bang Theory (not the show, the actual science)
- Best time to visit Belgium? April to June (Spring to Summer) and September to October (End of summer and beginning of Autumn). July to August is also a good time to visit, but big cities in Belgium might get really crowded with tourists.
- How to get there? The best way to travel to Belgium is by plane if you’re arriving from a far place. However, Belgium is easily accessible by train from its bordering countries and as well by car and by boat.
- Which side of the road do they drive? The right-hand side.
- What type of electric plug do they use? Types C and E. Read this post for more information about adapters.
- Neighboring countries? France, Luxembourg, Germany, The Netherlands, and the UK.
Do you need a visa for Belgium?
In order to enter Belgium, you need to have a valid Schengen visa. If you’re a citizen of the EU group of countries, you can enter Belgium without a visa. However, if you’re a citizen of Canada, the USA, New Zealand, and Australia – you can stay in Schengen areas for 90 days.
Check out our detailed guide on how to apply for a Schengen visa – read it here.
Where to book your flights to Belgium?
Check our handy-dandy guide on how to find the cheapest flights around the world – read it here.
Do you need travel insurance for Belgium?
Remember this: anything can happen! Read our take on why you need travel insurance and how it can save you money when things go unplanned – read it here.
How many days do you need in Belgium?
If you’re planning to only stay in one city, for example, just in Brussels, then generally a day or two is more than enough to see the main highlights.
However, if you want to take day trips to cities such as Ghent and Bruges, then you’ll need 3 to 4 days to explore different cities and attractions around the country.
Generally, a good solid 5 to 7 days is ideal if you really want to see Belgium as a country and not just specific cities.
How safe is Belgium?
Belgium is generally safe for tourists. However, just like any country in the world, it is always best to be wary of your surroundings regardless of how safe it is deemed to be.
What to do in Brussels in 2 days?
You can check out a handy guide about all the top things to do in Brussels. All of these are achievable in two days!
OUR TOP TRAVEL GUIDES & TIPS
Are you planning to visit the capital of Belgium? Well, this travel guide will certainly help you find out the best things to do in Brussels you must not miss! We also threw in some attractions you must visit and what to expect. Read this post now!