Bosnia and Herzegovina Vacation Ideas
Quick Facts & Travel Tips
- Capital City? Sarajevo
- Currency? Bosnia and Herzegovina convertible mark
- Languages? Bosnian, Croatian, and Serbian
- Where is this place? The Balkans, Southeast Europe
- Best time to visit Bosnia and Herzegovina?
- How to get there? Spring (March to May) and Autumn (September to November) is the best time to visit Bosnia and Herzegovina as the weather is still pleasant and there would be fewer crowds and the tourist prices will be significantly lower. That said, Summer (June to August) is also good to visit if you want to see the city come to life. If you’re into winter sports like skiing, Winter (December to February) is also a palpable time to come to Bosnia and Herzegovina. Just make sure, if you’re coming during the cold season, to dress properly and have a good winter jacket and shoes for walking.
- Which side of the road do they drive? The right-hand side.
- What type of electric plugs do they use? Type C and F. Read this post for more information about adapters.
- Neighboring countries? Croatia, Serbia, and Montenegro
Do you need a visa for Bosnia and Herzegovina?
Bosnia and Herzegovina is not part of the Schengen territory. However, but if you do have a valid Schengen visa, you can visit the country for up to 15 days. To obtain this visa, please refer to our detailed guide – click here.
That said, if you belong in one of the countries listed below, you can get a visa exemption for up to 90 days.
Albania, Andorra, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Barbados, Belgium, Brazil, Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, El Salvador, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Guatemala, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kuwait, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macao, Macedonia, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Norway, Oman, Panama, Paraguay, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Republic of South Korea, Romania, Russia, Salvador, San Marino, Serbia, Seychelles, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Turkey, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States of America, Uruguay and Venezuela.
Where to book your flights to Bosnia and Herzegovina?
Check our handy-dandy guide on how to find the cheapest flights around the world – read it here.
Do you need travel insurance for Bosnia and Herzegovina?
Remember this: anything can happen! Read our take on why you need travel insurance and how it can save you money when things go unplanned – read it here.
OUR TOP TRAVEL GUIDES & TIPS
Discover some of the best day trips from Sarajevo you can take and explore its neighboring cities and learn more about Bosnia and Herzegovina!
If you’re looking for an off the beaten path destination in Europe, make sure to find your way to the Balkans and experience something you won’t expect! We have compiled the best places to visit in Bosnia and Herzegovina, a must visit country in the Balkans.
Tidbits of interesting things to do in Sarajevo, a unique but underrated city of Europe which must be part of your bucket list! A must visit!