Bulgaria Vacation Ideas
Quick Facts & Travel Tips
- Capital City? Sofia
- Currency? Bulgarian Lev
- Languages? Bulgarian
- Where is this place? Southeast of Europe
- What is Bulgaria famous for? Beautiful sceneries, Yogurt, and Roses
- Best time to visit Bulgaria? Spring (April to May) and Autumn (September to November) are the best times to visit as the weather will still be pleasant and there will be fewer crowds. Summer (June to August) is the peak season.
- How to get there? You can easily fly to Sofia from all over the world. You can also cross the neighboring borders by train, bus, or by car.
- Which side of the road do they drive? The right-hand side-
- What type of electric plugs do they use? Types C and F. Read about our adapter reviews to know which ones to get.
- Neighboring countries? Turkey, Greece, Macedonia, Kosovo, Serbia, and Romania
Do you need a visa for Bulgaria?
Citizens of EU countries, the UK, USA, Canada, Australia, Japan, South Korea, Israel, Ukraine, Georgia, Moldova, UAE, Malaysia, Taiwan, Singapore, Balkan countries (except Kosovo), Central, and South American countries do not need a visa prior to their visit to Bulgaria and can stay up to 90 days in the country. That said, you can enter Bulgaria if you have a valid Schengen Visa.
Where to book your flights to Bulgaria?
Check our handy-dandy guide on how to find the cheapest flights around the world – read it here.
Do you need travel insurance for Bulgaria?
Remember this: anything can happen! Read our take on why you need travel insurance and how it can save you money when things go unplanned – read it here.