Croatia Vacation Ideas
Quick Facts & Travel Tips
- Capital City? Zagreb
- Currency? Croatian Kuna
- Languages? Croatian
- Where is this place? Southeast Europe
- What is Croatia famous for? Dalmatian Dog, Nikola Tesla, Local Cuisine, and as Game of Thrones Shooting Destination
- Best time to visit Croatia? Spring to Early Summer (May to June) and Late Summer to Autumn (September to October)
- How to get there? You can fly to the major cities in Croatia from all over the world and as well cross its borders by car, bus, or train
- What side of the road do they drive? The right-hand side.
- Which electric plug do they use? Type C and F. Read our travel adapter review for more information.
- Neighboring countries? Serbia, Slovenia, Montenegro, Bosnia and Herzegovina, and Hungary
Do you need a visa for Croatia?
In order to enter Croatia, you need to have a valid Schengen visa. If you’re a citizen of the EU group of countries, you can enter Croatia without a visa. However, if you’re a citizen of Canada, the USA, New Zealand, and Australia – you can stay in Schengen areas for 90 days.
Check out our detailed guide on how to apply for a Schengen visa – read it here.
Where to book your flights to Croatia?
Check our handy-dandy guide on how to find the cheapest flights around the world – read it here.
Do you need travel insurance for Croatia?
Remember this: anything can happen! Read our take on why you need travel insurance and how it can save you money when things go unplanned – read it here.
Is it safe to travel to Croatia?
The crime rate is rather low in Croatia, but it is still good to be wary of your surroundings when you do visit.
Where are the nicest beaches in Croatia?
You can check this post out to learn more about the best beaches in the country.
OUR TOP TRAVEL GUIDES & TIPS
Are you planning on a day trip from Split to Krka National Park? Why not go on a Krka waterfalls tours from Split and here are few reasons why you should do that!
Discover some of the best things to do in Dubrovnik, the top jewel of Croatia. Find out where to go and what to see while enjoying its vibrant atmosphere all while strolling its beautiful streets. Read this post now and learn more about this beautiful city!
Do you know that there are also other beautiful places to visit outside Split? We have compiled the top day trips from Split you must check out when you visit this beautiful city in Croatia! Discover more gems and read this post for more information.