Cyprus Vacation Ideas
Quick Facts & Travel Tips
- Capital City? Nicosia
- Currency? Euro
- Languages? Greek and Turkish
- Where is this place? Eurasia, Southeast Europe
- What is Cyprus famous for? The Bronze Age, Haloumi Cheese, and as the mythical birthplace of Aphrodite
- Best time to visit Cyprus? The whole year round is a good time to visit Cyprus as its winters are mild and the warmest compare to the rest of Europe. That said, Spring (March to May) and Autumn (September to October) are the lowest seasons an the weather is still exceptional with fewer crowds.
- How to get there? You can easily fly to Nicosia from all over the world and another option is to cross the sea and go on a cruise from its neighboring countries.
- Which side of the road do they drive? The right-hand side
- What type of electric plugs do they use? Type G. If you need one, check this post out.
- Neighboring countries? Turkey, Syria, Lebanon, and Israel
Do you need a visa for Cyprus?
For citizens of the UK, Australia, Canada, the USA, and other EU countries can enter Cyprus without obtaining any travel visas beforehand. That said, for other countries, you would need to apply for a travel visa to enter Cyprus before your trip. However, if you have a valid Schengen Visa, you can freely enter Cyprus with that.
Where to book your flights to Cyprus?
Check our handy-dandy guide on how to find the cheapest flights around the world – read it here.