Are you planning to visit the Czech Republic soon? We have tons of awesome suggestions! Check this post to learn about the top places to visit in the Czech Republic where you’ll find out what stands out the most in a country filled with culture and traditions to experience.
Czech Republic Vacation Ideas
Quick Facts & Travel Tips
- Capital City? Prague
- Currency? Czech koruna
- Languages? Czech
- Where is this place? Central Europe
- What is the Czech Republic famous for?
- Best time to visit the Czech Republic? The highest season is in Summer (June to August). The best time to visit is around Spring (mid-March to May) and Autumn (September to November) when the weather is still pleasant, there are fewer tourists and a lower rate on hotels and tours,
- How to get there? You can easily fly to Prague from most countries around the world but you can also take the train, bus, or drive your own car across the borders from its neighboring countries.
- Which side of the road do they drive? The right-hand side
- What type of electric plug do they use? Types C and E. Read our electric plug review to know more.
- Neighboring countries? Germany, Poland, Slovakia, and Austria
Do you need a visa for the Czech Republic?
In order to enter the Czech Republic, you need to have a valid Schengen visa. If you’re a citizen of the EU group of countries, you can enter the Czech Republic without a visa. However, if you’re a citizen of Canada, the USA, New Zealand, and Australia – you can stay in Schengen areas for 90 days.
Check out our detailed guide on how to apply for a Schengen visa – read it here.
Where to book your flights to the Czech Republic?
Check our handy-dandy guide on how to find the cheapest flights around the world – read it here.
Do you need travel insurance for the Czech Republic?
Remember this: anything can happen! Read our take on why you need travel insurance and how it can save you money when things go unplanned – read it here.