Denmark Vacation Ideas
Quick Facts & Travel Tips
- Capital City? Copenhagen
- Currency? Danish krone
- Languages? Danish and English
- Where is this place? Located in Northern Europe
- What is Denmark famous for? Lego, Faroe Islands, Vikings, Carlsberg (beer), and Noma
- Best time to visit Denmark? May to August (Summer) is the best time to visit Denmark.
- How to get there? The best way is by flying. However, you can also take the train from Malmö in Sweden to Copenhagen. Going on cruises is also an option!
- Which side of the road do they drive? The right-hand side.
- What type of electric plug do they use? Type E and K. Find the right travel adapter from this post.
- Neighboring countries? Norway, Sweden, Iceland, and Finland.
Do you need a visa for Denmark?
In order to enter Denmark, you need to have a valid Schengen visa. If you’re a citizen of the EU group of countries, you can enter Denmark without a visa.
Check out our detailed guide on how to apply for a Schengen visa – read it here.
Where to book your flights to Denmark?
Check our handy-dandy guide on how to find the cheapest flights around the world – read it here.
Do you need travel insurance for Denmark?
Remember this: anything can happen! Read our take on why you need travel insurance and how it can save you money when things go unplanned – read it here.
What is Denmark known for?
Denmark is famous for the following:
- Butter (Danish Lurpak)
- Beer (Carlsberg)
- Danish monarchy
- Faroe Island
- Noma (Michelin star restaurant)
Does Denmark have mountains?
Denmark is quite a flat country so you won’t see the mountains.
What are the famous foods in Denmark?
Danish people eat a lot of pork and potatoes. In fact, they are known to be huge lovers of pork and have numerous dishes with the meat in it. You can read this post to learn more about Danish cuisine.
OUR TOP TRAVEL GUIDES & TIPS
Do you know that there are also other beautiful places to visit outside Copenhagen? We have compiled the top day trips from Copenhagen you must check out when you visit this beautiful city in Denmark! Discover more gems and read this post for more information.