Estonia Vacation Ideas
Quick Facts & Travel Tips
- Capital City? Tallinn
- Currency? Euro
- Languages? Estonian
- Where is this place? Located in the Baltics, Northern Europe
- What is Estonia famous for? Medieval Old Town, e-Residency, beers, vodka, delicious cuisine, Skiing, and free wifi everywhere!
- Best time to visit Estonia? Summer (end of May to the beginning of August) is the best time to visit, but it is also the peak season. If you don’t mind the cold, Winter in Estonia (November to March) is also magnificent, while Spring (April to May) and Autumn (end of August to October) are also good times to visit if you prefer fewer crowds. If you visit in winter, make sure to dress properly and wear comfortable shoes.
- How to get there? Tallinn International Airport is easily accessible from all over the world by plane. You can also cross the borders from Latvia and Russia by train, bus, and by car. That said, you can easily go by cruise from Finland, Sweden, Norway, and Denmark.
- Which side of the road do they drive? The right-hand side.
- What type of electric plug do they use? Types C and F. Read this post to learn more about travel adapters.
- Neighboring countries? Finland, Latvia, and Russia
Do you need a visa for Estonia?
In order to enter Estonia, you need to have a valid Schengen visa. If you’re a citizen of the EU group of countries, you can enter Estonia without a visa.
Check out our detailed guide on how to apply for a Schengen visa – read it here.
Where to book your flights to Estonia?
Check our handy-dandy guide on how to find the cheapest flights around the world – read it here.
Do you need travel insurance for Estonia?
Remember this: anything can happen! Read our take on why you need travel insurance and how it can save you money when things go unplanned – read it here.
What is Estonia famous?
- Wifi all over cities
- Online voting
Do they speak English in Estonia?
Yes, the English language is widely spoken in big cities. However, it may not be the same case around smaller towns.
Is Estonia expensive?
Estonia is not as expensive as one may thing compare to its neighboring country, Finland. You can easily survive with a €20 daily budget that includes accommodation, food, and free activities. This, however, is certainly on the budget side, and you’ll get to enjoy Estonia more with a larger budget.
OUR TOP TRAVEL GUIDES & TIPS
Located by the Baltic Sea, there are certainly a lot of islands in Estonia worth visiting especially during the summertime where you can also camp and go on short hikes around. Read this post to learn more!