Christmas is truly a magical festive season in France when markets are flooded with vibrant lights and energy in the towns of all sizes. Therefore,
France Vacation Ideas
Quick Facts & Travel Tips
- Capital City? Paris
- Currency? Euro
- Languages? French
- Where is this place? Located in Western Europe
- What is France famous for? Fashion designers (such as Chanel, Givenchy, Dior, etc.), Cars (such as Renault, Citroen, and Peugeot), world-famous Chefs (Paul Bocuse, Allain Passard, and Anne-Sophie Pic), Pastries, Food, the Eiffel Tower, Skiing and so much more!
- Best time to visit France? There’s really no right or wrong time to visit France. However, if you do plan to see the touristic places such as Paris, then Summer (late May to August) is its high season, whereas its low season is usually during Winter (November to the beginning of April). That said, if you have specific places you’d like to visit or see, such as the lavender fields in Provence, then it is best to check out each region’s seasonality. If you do come in Winter, make sure to dress properly and wear comfortable shoes!
- How to get there? France has several international airports throughout the country thus, you can come to fly over from all over the world. You can also easily cross the borders from its neighboring countries (granted you have the right visa or part of the EU) via train, buses, or by car.
- Which side of the road do they drive? The right-hand side.
- What type of electric plugs do they use? Types C and E. Read this post for more information about travel adapters.
- Neighboring countries? The UK, Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Monaco, Andorra, and Spain
Do you need a visa for France?
In order to enter France, you need to have a valid Schengen visa. If you’re a citizen of the EU group of countries, you can enter France without a visa. However, if you’re a citizen of Canada, the USA, New Zealand, and Australia – you can stay in Schengen areas for 90 days.
Check out our detailed guide on how to apply for a Schengen visa – read it here.
Where to book your flights to France?
Check our handy-dandy guide on how to find the cheapest flights around the world – read it here.
Do you need travel insurance for France?
Remember this: anything can happen! Read our take on why you need travel insurance and how it can save you money when things go unplanned – read it here.
OUR TOP TRAVEL GUIDES & TIPS
Known for all things romantic and beautiful, top your travels up and visit some of the best castles in France and learn about its history and tales. Read this post to see which are the best chateaux in France is worth the visit!
Visit South of France and explore French Riviera by going on several day trips from Nice – a beautiful seaside city that have a very chill ambiance. Check this list to find out more about its neighboring cities and towns!
Check these post out to find out what are the best day trips from Paris that are not more than 2 hours away so make sure to visit some of them! Visit the capital of France and spare few days to visit some of the closest top destinations for a one day trip from Paris.
Do you want to go on a south of France road trip? Why not check this post out to learn more about the top cities to visit on a stopover while driving down the coast of France!
A city long known as the romantic capital of the world, but there’s more to it than just couples cuddling – Check out this three days in Paris itinerary.