Germany Vacation Ideas
Quick Facts & Travel Tips
- Capital City? Berlin
- Currency? Euro
- Languages? German
- Where is this place? Central Europe
- What is Germany famous for? Beer, Football, Architecture, Castles, Festivals, Cuisine, and Christmas Markets
- The best time to visit Germany? The weather is great from May to September. However, the peak season is in Summer (June to August). That said, if you don’t mind the cold, it is also nice to visit during Winter to witness the Christmas Markets and go skiing. Just make sure to dress properly, have a good jacket, and good shoes for walking!
- Which side of the road do they drive? The right-hand side.
- What electric plug do they use? Types C and F. Read this post for more information on what to look for.
- Neighboring countries? Denmark, the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Austria, Czech Republic, and Poland
Do you need a visa for Germany?
In order to enter Germany, you need to have a valid Schengen visa. If you’re a citizen of the EU group of countries, you can enter Germany without a visa. However, if you’re a citizen of Canada, the USA, New Zealand, and Australia – you can stay in Schengen areas for 90 days.
Check out our detailed guide on how to apply for a Schengen visa – read it here.
Where to book your flights to Germany?
Check our handy-dandy guide on how to find the cheapest flights around the world – read it here.
Do you need travel insurance for Germany?
Remember this: anything can happen! Read our take on why you need travel insurance and how it can save you money when things go unplanned – read it here.
OUR TOP TRAVEL GUIDES & TIPS
Looking for activities to do when you travel to Germany during the holiday season? Make sure to visit some of the traditional Christmas markets in Germany!
Check out some of the best day trips from Berlin to see more of Germany. From small towns to neighboring cities, this beautiful country have a lot to offer and you can make Berlin as your base. Read this post now to learn more!