Greece Vacation Ideas
Quick Facts & Travel Tips
- Capital City? Athens
- Currency? Euro
- Languages? Greek
- Where is this place? Southeast Europe
- What is Greece famous for? Ancient monuments, History, Greek Mythology, Wine, Beaches, Nature, and Sceneries
- Best time to visit Greece? Summer in Greece (June to August) can be really hot and crowded. Therefore, Spring (mid-April to May) and Autumn (September to October) are the most preferred time to visit.
- How to get there? You can easily fly to most airports in Greece from all over the world. You can also take a bus or drive your car and cross the neighboring countries’ borders.
- Which side of the road do they drive in Greece? The right-hand side.
- What electric plugs do they use? Types C and F. Read this post for more information on what to get.
- Neighboring countries? Albania, Macedonia, Bulgaria, and Turkey
Do you need a visa for Greece?
In order to enter Greece, you need to have a valid Schengen visa. If you’re a citizen of the EU group of countries, you can enter Greece without a visa.
Check out our detailed guide on how to apply for a Schengen visa – read it here.
Where to book your flights to Greece?
Check our handy-dandy guide on how to find the cheapest flights around the world – read it here.
Do you need travel insurance for Greece?
Remember this: anything can happen! Read our take on why you need travel insurance and how it can save you money when things go unplanned – read it here.
OUR TOP TRAVEL GUIDES & TIPS
Discover some of the best things to do in Rhodes, the a jewel in Greece. Find out where to go and what to see while enjoying its vibrant atmosphere all while strolling its beautiful streets. Read this post now and learn more about this beautiful city!
Known for its beautiful and unique architecture and lush beaches, Santorini has been one of the top destinations in Europe. That said, you must not also miss out its neighboring town and villages thus going on a day trip from Santorini is a must not miss experience!