Hungary Vacation Ideas
Quick Facts & Travel Tips
- Capital City? Budapest
- Currency? Hungarian forint
- Languages? Hungarian
- Where is this place? Located in Central Europe
- What is Hungary famous for? Rubik’s Cube, Paprika, Tokaji Wine, and Zwack Unicum.
- Best time to visit Hungary? The best time to visit Hungary is between March to May (Spring) and September to November (Autumn). Summer in Hungary can get hot and crowded so if you want a pleasant visit, come during the offseason.
- How to get there? There are a lot of international airlines that fly to Budapest from all over the world. However, you can also get to Hungary’s capital city of Budapest by train and by car.
- Neighboring countries? Romania, Austria, Slovakia, Croatia, Ukraine, Slovenia, and Serbia
Do you need a visa for Hungary?
In order to enter Hungary, you need to have a valid Schengen visa. If you’re a citizen of the EU group of countries, you can enter Hungary without a visa. However, if you’re a citizen of Canada, the USA, New Zealand, and Australia – you can stay in Schengen areas for 90 days.
Check out our detailed guide on how to apply for a Schengen visa – read it here.
Where to book your flights to Hungary?
Check our handy-dandy guide on how to find the cheapest flights around the world – read it here.
Do you need travel insurance for Hungary?
Remember this: anything can happen! Read our take on why you need travel insurance and how it can save you money when things go unplanned – read it here.
OUR TOP TRAVEL GUIDES & TIPS
Are you planning to visit for 3 days in Budapest? Here’s a detailed itinerary that will take you to some of Budapests finest attractions.
Looking at where to eat in Budapest? We have compiled some of the best restaurants in Budapest that offers new innovative ideas while keeping traditional flavors to give you an exceptional culinary experience.
Looking for the best food in Budapest to try? We have compiled the list of the best Hungarian food dishes you must hunt for while in Budapest. Read this post now!