Iceland Vacation Ideas
Quick Facts & Travel Tips
- Capital City? Reykjavik
- Currency? Icelandic króna
- Languages? Icelandic
- Where is this place? Northern Europe
- What is Iceland famous for? Glaciers, active volcanoes, Björk, fermented shark, natural hot springs, Northern Lights and beautiful sceneries
- Best time to visit Iceland? The best time to visit and also the peak season of Iceland is during summer which is between the months of June to August. If you want fewer crowds, visit around Spring (April to May) or Autumn (September to October)
- Which side of the road do they drive? The right-hand side.
- What type of electric plug do they use? Types C and F. If you need one, read this post.
- Neighboring countries? Sweden, Denmark, Norway, and Finland.
Do you need a visa for Iceland?
In order to enter Iceland, you need to have a valid Schengen visa. If you’re a citizen of the EU group of countries, you can enter Iceland without a visa. However, if you’re a citizen of Canada, the USA, New Zealand, and Australia – you can stay in Schengen areas for 90 days.
Check out our detailed guide on how to apply for a Schengen visa – read it here.
Where to book your flights to Iceland?
Check our handy-dandy guide on how to find the cheapest flights around the world – read it here.
Do you need travel insurance for Iceland?
Remember this: anything can happen! Read our take on why you need travel insurance and how it can save you money when things go unplanned – read it here.
OUR TOP TRAVEL GUIDES & TIPS
General information you must know before your trip to Iceland, the land of fire and ice! Learn about when and where to go including how much budget you need.
In need of a little travel inspiration? Here’re 20 photos of Iceland in Summer that will inspire you to pack your bags and go! An all year round beauty!