Ireland Vacation Ideas
Quick Facts & Travel Tips
- Capital City? Dublin
- Currency? Euro
- Languages? Irish and English
- Where is this place? West Europe
- What is Ireland famous for? Guinness, Whiskeys, Gin, St. Patrick’s Day, Lepricorns, Sceneries, Famous Writers, Rugby, and Football
- Best time to visit Ireland? The best time around Spring and Autumn as there would be fewer crowds as most people come around Summertime. Irish weather can be unpredictable hence it is best if you always bring an umbrella, a raincoat, a good jacket, and good waterproof shoes when you visit!
- How to get there? You can easily fly into Dublin’s international airport. You can also take the bus from the UK and as well as ferries.
- Which side of the road do they drive? The left-hand side.
- What electric plug do they use? Type G. We have a detailed review of the best electric plugs.
- Neighboring countries? The United Kingdom
Do you need a visa for Ireland?
You can apply for an Ireland-UK visa if you plan to visit both countries including Northern Ireland. Unfortunately, you can’t travel to Ireland with a Schengen visa but if you’re a citizen of one of the countries mentioned in this list, you can enter the country visa-free. That said, citizens of the countries mentioned in this list need to apply for a visa prior to their visit to Ireland.
You can check this website for further instructions on how to apply for a visa to travel to Ireland.
Where to book your flights to Ireland?
Check our handy-dandy guide on how to find the cheapest flights around the world – read it here.
Do you need travel insurance for Ireland?
Remember this: anything can happen! Read our take on why you need travel insurance and how it can save you money when things go unplanned – read it here.