Latvia Vacation Ideas
Quick Facts & Travel Tips
- Capital City? Riga
- Currency? Euro
- Languages? Latvian
- Where is this place? Eastern Europe
- Best time to visit Latvia and seasons? Spring (April to May) and Autumn (September to October) are the best seasons to visit as it will be relatively warm but not too how and there will be fewer crowds and the accommodation will be cheaper as it is low season.
- Transportation in Latvia? Trams and buses are available within the city. For long distances, there are trains, buses, domestic flights, and rent a car you can use to get to other destinations.
- International Airport(s)? Riga International Airport (RIX)
- Which side of the road do they drive? Right-hand side
- What is the electricity plug type? Types C and F. 230V. Check out travel outlet adapter reviews!
- Neighboring countries? Estonia, Russia, Belarus, and Lithuania
Do you need a visa for Latvia?
In order to enter Latvia, you need to have a valid Schengen visa. If you’re a citizen of the EU group of countries, you can enter Latvia without a visa. However, if you’re a citizen of Canada, the USA, New Zealand, and Australia – you can stay in Schengen areas for 90 days.
Check out our detailed guide on how to apply for a Schengen visa – read it here.
Where to book your flights to Latvia?
Check our handy-dandy guide on how to find the cheapest flights around the world – read it here.
Do you need travel insurance for Latvia?
Remember this: anything can happen! Read our take on why you need travel insurance and how it can save you money when things go unplanned – read it here.