Liechtenstein Vacation Ideas
Quick Facts & Travel Tips
- Capital City? Valduz
- Currency? Swiss Franc
- Language(s)? German
- Where is this country located? Central Europe
- What is Liechtenstein famous for? Being one of the smallest countries in the world, they are the world’s leading manufacturer of false teeth, and if you want a Liechtenstein passport stamp, you have to get it from the tourist station and pay few dollars for it
- Best time to visit Liechtenstein and seasons? Between May and September
- Transportation in Liechtenstein? Train and bus
- International Airport(s)? Liechtenstein doesn’t have its own airport but the nearest international airport is located in Switzerland – St. Gallen-Altenrhein Airport (LSZR)
- Which side of the road do they drive? Right-hand side
- What is the electricity plug type? Type C and J. 230V. Read our travel adapter reviews!
- Neighboring countries? Switzerland and Austria
Do you need a visa for Liechtenstein?
In order to enter Liechtenstein, you need to have a valid Schengen visa. If you’re a citizen of the EU group of countries, you can enter Liechtenstein without a visa. However, if you’re a citizen of Canada, the USA, New Zealand, and Australia – you can stay in Schengen areas for 90 days.
Check out our detailed guide on how to apply for a Schengen visa – read it here.
Where to book your flights to Liechtenstein?
Check our handy-dandy guide on how to find the cheapest flights around the world – read it here.
Do you need travel insurance for Liechtenstein?
Remember this: anything can happen! Read our take on why you need travel insurance and how it can save you money when things go unplanned – read it here.