Lithuania Vacation Ideas
Quick Facts & Travel Tips
- Capital City? Vilnius
- Currency? Euro
- Language(s)? Lithuanian
- Where is this country located? Eastern Europe
- What is Lithuania famous for? They have their official scent called “Lithuania”, amber, beautiful landscapes and sceneries, basketball, and Lithuania is one of the oldest spoken languages in the world
- Best time to visit Lithuania and seasons? Summer (June to August) is the best time to visit Lithuania. However, Spring (April and May) and Autumn (September to October) would be ideal, too.
- Transportation in Lithuania? Buses and trolleybuses are the best ways to get around bigger cities. However, to get around the country, bus, flying, and renting a car would be the best ways.
- International Airport(s)? Vilnius Airport (VNS)
- Which side of the road do they drive? Right-hand side
- What is the electricity plug type? Types C and F. 230V. Read our travel adapter reviews!
- Neighboring countries? Belarus, Poland, and Latvia
Do you need a visa for Lithuania?
In order to enter Lithuania, you need to have a valid Schengen visa. If you’re a citizen of the EU group of countries, you can enter Lithuania without a visa. However, if you’re a citizen of Canada, the USA, New Zealand, and Australia – you can stay in Schengen areas for 90 days.
Check out our detailed guide on how to apply for a Schengen visa – read it here.
Where to book your flights to Lithuania?
Check our handy-dandy guide on how to find the cheapest flights around the world – read it here.
Do you need travel insurance for Lithuania?
Remember this: anything can happen! Read our take on why you need travel insurance and how it can save you money when things go unplanned – read it here.