Luxembourg Vacation Ideas
Quick Facts & Travel Tips
- Capital City? Luxembourg
- Currency? Euro
- Languages? Luxembourgish, French, and German
- Where is this place? Central Europe
- Best time to visit Luxembourg and seasons? May, June, and September are the best times to visit
- Transportation in Luxembourg? Trams are available within the city but otherwise, you can easily travel around the country using the train, bus, or renting a car
- International Airport(s)? Luxembourg Airport (LUX)
- Which side of the road do they drive? Right-side of the road
- What is the electricity plug type? Types C and F. 230V. Read our electric plug adapters reviews!
- Neighboring countries? France, Belgium, and Germany
Do you need a visa for Luxembourg?
In order to enter Luxembourg, you need to have a valid Schengen visa. If you’re a citizen of the EU group of countries, you can enter Luxembourg without a visa. However, if you’re a citizen of Canada, the USA, New Zealand, and Australia – you can stay in Schengen areas for 90 days.
Check out our detailed guide on how to apply for a Schengen visa – read it here.
Where to book your flights to Luxembourg?
Check our handy-dandy guide on how to find the cheapest flights around the world – read it here.
Do you need travel insurance for Luxembourg?
Remember this: anything can happen! Read our take on why you need travel insurance and how it can save you money when things go unplanned – read it here.