Moldova Vacation Ideas
Quick Facts & Travel Tips
- Capital City? Chisinau
- Currency? Moldovan Leu
- Language(s)? Moldovan, Romanian
- Where is this country located? Eastern Europe
- What is Moldova famous for? Wines, monasteries, and beautiful sceneries
- Best time to visit Moldova and seasons? Summer (June to August) is the best time to visit Moldova. Spring (April to May) and Autumn (September to October) is also an ideal time to visit as the weather is milder compared to summer
- Transportation in Moldova? Trolly buses and normal buses are the best ways to get around cities. To get around the country, buses, trains, and renting your own car are your best bet!
- International Airport(s)? Chișinău International Airport (KIV)
- Which side of the road do they drive? Right-hand side
- What is the electricity plug type? Types C and F. 220V. Check out our electric plug adapters reviews!
- Neighboring countries? Romania and Ukraine
Do you need a visa for Moldova?
Over 103 countries could enter Moldova visa-free for 90 days within 180 days period and some of the countries include the USA, Canada, most of Centra and South America, EU countries, Australia, New Zealand. For more information which countries are eligible to enter Moldova visa-free, read this article.
However, if you have a valid Schengen Visa, you can enter Moldova! You can read our very easy to follow guide on how to get a Schengen Visa – read it here.
Where to book your flights to Moldova?
Check our handy-dandy guide on how to find the cheapest flights around the world – read it here.
Do you need travel insurance for Moldova?
Remember this: anything can happen! Read our take on why you need travel insurance and how it can save you money when things go unplanned – read it here.