Monaco Vacation Ideas
Quick Facts & Travel Tips
- Capital City? Monte Carlo
- Currency? Euro
- Languages? French
- Where is this place? Central South Europe
- What is Monaco famous for? The most expensive and wealthiest country in the world, The Royalty, Football, The Riviera, Tax, and Casinos
- Best time to visit Monaco? Summer (June to August) is usually the peak season. The best time is, however, Spring (mid-March to May) and Autumn (September to October).
- How to get there? You can easily fly into Monaco from all over the world. You can also take a bus, a boat ride, a train ride, or drive your car from France and Italy.
- Which side of the road do they drive? The right-hand side.
- What electric plugs do they use? Type C and E. If you need one, read this post.
- Neighboring countries? France and Italy
Do you need a visa for Monaco?
In order to enter Monaco, you need to have a valid Schengen visa. If you’re a citizen of the EU group of countries, you can enter Monaco without a visa. However, if you’re a citizen of Canada, the USA, New Zealand, and Australia – you can stay in Schengen areas for 90 days.
Check out our detailed guide on how to apply for a Schengen visa – read it here.
Where to book your flights to Monaco?
Check our handy-dandy guide on how to find the cheapest flights around the world – read it here.
Do you need travel insurance for Monaco?
Remember this: anything can happen! Read our take on why you need travel insurance and how it can save you money when things go unplanned – read it here.