Montenegro Vacation Ideas
Quick Facts & Travel Tips
- Capital City? Podgorica
- Currency? Euro
- Language(s)? Montenegrin
- Where is this country located? The Balkans, Southeast Europe
- What is Montenegro famous for? Vast black mountain, beautiful beaches, and the oldest olive tree in the world
- Best time to visit Montenegro and seasons? Spring (April to May) and Autumn (September to October) would be the best time to visit, the weather is pleasant and there are fewer crowds. Summer (June to August) is the peak season so expect larger crowds and busier streets.
- Transportation in Montenegro? You can easily get to Montenegro by bus from neighboring countries. However, to get around, trains are preferable and once you’re in the cities, they are often walkable therefore transportation within is not necessary.
- International Airport(s)? Podgorica Airport (TGD)
- Which side of the road do they drive? Right-hand side
- What is the electricity plug type? Types C and F. 230V. Read our travel adapter reviews for more information!
- Neighboring countries? Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Kosovo, and Albania
Do you need a visa for Montenegro?
Citizens of the countries mentioned below can enter Montenegro up to 90 days.
Albania, Andorra, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Aruba, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Barbados, Belgium, Bermunda, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Grenada, Guatemala, Greece, Guatemala, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kuwait, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macao, Macedonia, Malaysia, Malta, Mauritius, Mexico, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Netherlands, Norway, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Poland, Paraguay, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Samoa, San Marino, Serbia, Seychelles, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, St. Lucia, St. Kitts and Nevis, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Timor-Leste (East Timor), Trinidad and Tobago, Turkey, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, Vanuatu, Vatican and Venezuela.
Where to book your flights to Montenegro?
Check our handy-dandy guide on how to find the cheapest flights around the world – read it here.
Do you need travel insurance for Montenegro?
Remember this: anything can happen! Read our take on why you need travel insurance and how it can save you money when things go unplanned – read it here.