Netherlands Vacation Ideas
Quick Facts & Travel Tips
- Capital City? Amsterdam
- Currency? Euro
- Languages? Dutch
- Where is this place? Central Europe
- What is the Netherlands famous for? Tulips, Architecture, World Class Museums, Windmills, Canals, Cheese, and Bicycles
- Best time to visit the Netherlands? The high season is during Summer (July to August), but the weather is already great from April to October. That said, if you want to see the tulip festival, make sure to visit between mid-April to the end of March.
- How to get there? Schiphol International Airport receives international flights from all over the world, making it easy to fly to the Netherlands quite easily. You can also come to Amsterdam via train, bus, or by car by crossing the borders on land.
- Which side of the road do they drive? The right-hand side.
- What type of electric plug do they use? Type C and F. Read this post for more information about adapters.
- Neighboring countries? Belgium, Germany, and the UK
Do you need a visa for the Netherlands?
In order to enter the Netherlands, you need to have a valid Schengen visa. If you’re a citizen of the EU group of countries, you can enter the Netherlands without a visa. However, if you’re a citizen of Canada, the USA, New Zealand, and Australia – you can stay in Schengen areas for 90 days.
Check out our detailed guide on how to apply for a Schengen visa – read it here.
Where to book your flights to the Netherlands?
Check our handy-dandy guide on how to find the cheapest flights around the world – read it here.
Do you need travel insurance for the Netherlands?
Remember this: anything can happen! Read our take on why you need travel insurance and how it can save you money when things go unplanned – read it here.
OUR TOP TRAVEL GUIDES & TIPS
Are you planning to visit the Netherlands soon? We have tons of awesome suggestions! Check this post to learn about the top places to visit in the Netherlands where you’ll find out what stands out the most in a country filled with culture and traditions to experience.
One of the most popular destinations in Europe that, not only, have amazing museums, interesting history, and beautiful architecture but there’s truly a lot of things to do in Amsterdam one must not miss! In this post, we have compiled some of the best attractions in Amsterdam.