Norway Vacation Ideas
Quick Facts & Travel Tips
- Capital City? Oslo
- Currency? Norwegian Krona
- Languages? Norwegian and English
- Where is this place? Located in Northern Europe
- What is Norway famous for? Northern Lights, Fjords, Lakes, Salmon, and Oil.
- Best time to visit Norway? All-year-round. But if you want to see the Northern Lights, you should come between September and January.
- How to get there? You can easily fly to Norway from different destinations around the world. You can also drive a car from Sweden and Finland to Norway or take a cruise from Denmark.
- Which side of the road do they drive in Norway? The right-hand side.
- What electric plugs do they use? Type C and F. Read this post for more info about adapters.
- Neighboring countries? Sweden, Denmark, Iceland, and Finland.
Do you need a visa for Norway?
Norway is part of the Schengen area and citizens of the EU group of countries can freely enter this Baltic state while citizens of the USA, Canada, New Zealand, and Australia can enter the country just with their passports and stay for 90 days.
You can check our guide on how to get a Schengen visa and as well to see if you’re eligible to enter the country with just your passports or if you’ll need to apply for a visa prior entry – read it here.
Where to book your flights to Norway?
Check our handy-dandy guide on how to find the cheapest flights around the world – read it here.
Do you need insurance?
Remember this: anything can happen! Read our take on why you need travel insurance and how it can save you money when things go unplanned – read it here.
Is Norway a safe place to visit?
Like in many places in the world, regardless of how safe a county deemed to be, it all boils down to the person who is traveling to the destination.
Norway is a safe place to visit and it is regarded as one of the safest countries in the world and this is all based on the fact that the statistic has measured (crime rate in Norway is very low).
Where should I stay in Norway?
Depending on where you go, there are numerous hotels in almost every destination in Norway. That said, there are also unique places where you can stay and have a wonderful experience! You can read this post for more information.
How is Norway so rich?
Norway is a rich land and they have found oil, gas, and other minerals which they import worldwide.
Is Norway a peaceful country?
Indeed it is!
Is Norway the richest country?
It is one of the richest countries in the world in terms of wealth.
Can you drink the tap water in Norway?
Yes, you can! Tap water in Norway is clean and safe to drink.
What is the best time of year to see the northern lights in Norway?
You can catch the Northern Lights between late September to January and March. However, October, November, and March are considered the best months to see this natural phenomenon.