Poland Vacation Ideas
Quick Facts & Travel Tips
- Capital City? Warsaw
- Currency? Polish złoty
- Languages? Polish, Kashubian
- Where is this place? Eastern Europe
- Best time to visit Poland? Spring (April to May) and Autumn (September to November) are the best times to visit as the weather will still be pleasant and there will be fewer crowds. Summer (June to August) is the peak season.
- How to get there? You can easily fly to the main cities in Poland like Warsaw or Krakow from all over the world. You can also take the train, bus, or car across the neighboring countries’ borders.
- Neighboring countries? Lithuania, Belarus, Ukraine, Slovakia, Czech Republic, and Germany
Do you need a visa for Poland?
In order to enter Poland, you need to have a valid Schengen visa. If you’re a citizen of the EU group of countries, you can enter Poland without a visa. However, if you’re a citizen of Canada, the USA, New Zealand, and Australia – you can stay in Schengen areas for 90 days.
Check out our detailed guide on how to apply for a Schengen visa – read it here.
Where to book your flights to Poland?
Check our handy-dandy guide on how to find the cheapest flights around the world – read it here.
Do you need travel insurance for Poland?
Remember this: anything can happen! Read our take on why you need travel insurance and how it can save you money when things go unplanned – read it here.
OUR TOP TRAVEL GUIDES & TIPS
Discover some of the best things to do in Warsaw, the top jewel of Poland. Find out where to go and what to see while enjoying its vibrant atmosphere all while strolling its beautiful streets. Read this post now and learn more about this beautiful city!