Romania Vacation Ideas
Quick Facts & Travel Tips
- Capital City? Bucharest
- Currency? Romanian Leu
- Languages? Romanian, Macedonian
- Where is this place? Eastern Europe
- What is Romania famous for? Transylvania, Dracula, Beautiful Sceneries, and Culture
- Best time to visit Romania? Spring (April to May) and Autumn (September to November) are the best times to visit as the weather will still be pleasant and there will be fewer crowds. Summer (June to August) is the peak season.
- How to get around? Plane, bus, train, or car
- Airport(s)? Henri Coandă International Airport (OTP), Traian Vuia International Airport (TSR), and
- Which side of the road do they drive? The right side of the road
- What is the electricity plug type? 230V (Type C) – check out plugin converters review!
- Neighboring countries? Ukraine, Moldova, Bulgaria, Serbia, and Hungary
Do you need a visa for Romania?
To know if you need a visa to enter Romania, click this link. However, citizens from the US, Canada, the UK, Australia, most of the EU, and New Zealand can stay in Romania visa-free for 90 days within 6 months period.
Where to book your flights to Romania?
Check our handy-dandy guide on how to find the cheapest flights around the world – read it here.
Do you need travel insurance for Romania?
Remember this: anything can happen! Read our take on why you need travel insurance and how it can save you money when things go unplanned – read it here.