Slovakia Vacation Ideas
Quick Facts & Travel Tips
- Capital City? Bratislava
- Currency? Euro
- Languages? Slovak
- Where is this place? Central Europe
- Best time to visit Slovakia and seasons? All-year-round. However, Spring (April to May) and Autumn (September to October) are the low seasons with fewer crowds, cheaper accommodation and tours, and generally warm weather
- Transportation in Slovakia? To get around the country you can take the bus, train, and by renting a car
- International Airport(s)? Bratislava Airport (BTS), Košice Airport (KSC)
- Which side of the road do they drive? The right-hand side of the road
- What is the electricity plug type? Type E. 230V. Check out our post about travel plug converters
- Neighboring countries? Poland, Ukraine, Hungary, Austria, and the Czech Republic
Do you need a visa for Slovakia?
In order to enter Slovakia, you need to have a valid Schengen visa. If you’re a citizen of the EU group of countries, you can enter Slovakia without a visa. However, if you’re a citizen of Canada, the USA, New Zealand, and Australia – you can stay in Schengen areas for 90 days.
Check out our detailed guide on how to apply for a Schengen visa – read it here.
Where to book your flights to Slovakia?
Check our handy-dandy guide on how to find the cheapest flights around the world – read it here.
Do you need travel insurance for Slovakia?
Remember this: anything can happen! Read our take on why you need travel insurance and how it can save you money when things go unplanned – read it here.