Slovenia Vacation Ideas
Quick Facts & Travel Tips
- Capital City? Ljubljana
- Currency? Euro
- Languages? Slovenian
- Where is this place? Southeast Europe
- What is Slovenia famous for? Caves, Wine, Lake Bled, Pristine Lakes, and Wild Bears
- Best time to visit Slovenia? If you enjoy warm weather and the outdoors, the best time to visit is between May to September. However, if you like winter and would like to do some skiing, then the best time is between December to March. Just make sure that you’re dressed properly, have a good winter jacket, and good shoes for walking.
- How to get there? You can fly to Ljubljana and start your journey from there, or you can take the bus, train, or drive a car and cross the neighboring countries’ borders.
- Which side of the road do they drive? The right-hand side.
- What type of electric plug do they use? Type C and F. Read this post for more information about travel adapters.
- Neighboring countries? Italy, Croatia, Austria, and Hungary
Do you need a visa for Slovenia?
In order to enter Slovenia, you need to have a valid Schengen visa. If you’re a citizen of the EU group of countries, you can enter Slovenia without a visa. However, if you’re a citizen of Canada, the USA, New Zealand, and Australia – you can stay in Schengen areas for 90 days.
Check out our detailed guide on how to apply for a Schengen visa – read it here.
Where to book your flights to Slovenia?
Check our handy-dandy guide on how to find the cheapest flights around the world – read it here.
Do you need travel insurance for Slovenia?
Remember this: anything can happen! Read our take on why you need travel insurance and how it can save you money when things go unplanned – read it here.
OUR TOP TRAVEL GUIDES & TIPS
Do you know that there are also other beautiful places to visit outside Ljubljana? We have compiled the top day trips from Ljubljana you must check out when you visit this beautiful city in Slovenia! Discover more gems and read this post for more information.
Are you planning to visit Slovenia soon? We have tons of awesome suggestions! Check this post to learn about the top places to visit in Slovenia where you’ll find out what stands out the most in a country filled with culture and traditions to experience.