Switzerland Vacation Ideas
Quick Facts & Travel Tips
- Capital City? Bern
- Currency? Swiss Franc
- Languages? French, Italian, German, and Romansh
- Where is this place? Central Europe
- Best time to visit Switzerland and seasons? Skiing season (January to March) for some winter sports just make sure you’re wearing the right clothes with a warm jacket and good shoes. Otherwise, Spring (April to May) and Autumn (September to October) is the best part as the weather still remains chill at night but warm during the day and not as busy as Summer (June to August)
- Transportation in Switzerland? The most convenient way to get around the country is by train, bus, rent a car, or by flying
- International Airport(s)? Zurich International Airport (ZRH), Bern Airport (BRN), and Genève Aéroport (GVA)
- Which side of the road do they drive? The right-hand side of the road
- What is the electricity plug type? Type J. Read out travel adapter reviews!
- Neighboring countries? France, Germany, Austria, Liechtenstein, and Italy
Do you need a visa to Switzerland?
In order to enter Switzerland, you need to have a valid Schengen visa. If you’re a citizen of the EU group of countries, you can enter Switzerland without a visa. However, if you’re a citizen of Canada, the USA, New Zealand, and Australia – you can stay in Schengen areas for 90 days.
Check out our detailed guide on how to apply for a Schengen visa – read it here.
Where to book your flights to Switzerland?
Check our handy-dandy guide on how to find the cheapest flights around the world – read it here.
Do you need travel insurance for Switzerland?
Remember this: anything can happen! Read our take on why you need travel insurance and how it can save you money when things go unplanned – read it here.
OUR TOP TRAVEL GUIDES & TIPS
Are you planning your holiday in Europe this coming winter? Don’t forget to also check out these top Christmas markets in Switzerland!