Ukraine Vacation Ideas
Quick Facts & Travel Tips
- Capital City? Kiev
- Currency? Ukrainian Hryvnia
- Language(s)? Ukrainian
- Where is this country located? Eastern Europe
- What is Ukraine famous for? It’s seven World Heritage Sites, Ghost Towns, Chernobyl, Cuisine, and Culture
- Best time to visit Ukraine and seasons? From June to September would be the optimum time to visit so you can enjoy the summer heat and sunshine. Winter (November to March) is also a good time to visit as you can ski here. Just make sure to bring a good winter jacket and good shoes!
- Transportation in Ukraine? Marshrutkas, tram trolleys, trams, subways, and buses are the best ways to get around bigger cities. However, buses, train, rent a car, and flying is the best way to get from one city to another
- International Airport(s)? Boryspil International Airport (KBP)
- Which side of the road do they drive? Right-hand side
- What is the electricity plug type? Types C and F. 220V. Read our travel adapter reviews!
- Neighboring countries? Moldova, Romania, Hungary, Slovakia, Poland, Belarus, and Russia
Do you need a visa for Ukraine?
Where to book your flights to Ukraine?
Check our handy-dandy guide on how to find the cheapest flights around the world – read it here.
Do you need travel insurance for Ukraine?
Remember this: anything can happen! Read our take on why you need travel insurance and how it can save you money when things go unplanned – read it here.
OUR TOP TRAVEL GUIDES & TIPS
Discover some of the best things to do in Kiev, the top jewel of Ukraine. Find out where to go and what to see while enjoying its vibrant atmosphere all while strolling its beautiful streets. Read this post now and learn more about this beautiful city!