United Kingdom Vacation Ideas
Quick Facts & Travel Tips
- Capital City? London
- Currency? Pound sterling
- Languages? English
- Where is this place? Western Europe
- What is the UK famous for? The Monarchy, The Beatles, Fish and Chips, Beer, Gin, Tea, Red Double Decker Bus, and more!
- Best time to visit the UK? Spring (March to early June) and Autumn (September to November) are the best time to visit
- How to get there? Since the UK is an island, the best way is to fly over, and there are a lot of international flights heading to its capital, London, and other big cities in the country. Otherwise, you can also travel by land and go through the tunnel that connects the UK to France
- Which side of the road do they drive? The left-hand side
- What type of electric plug do they use? Type G. Read this post to learn more about travel adapters.
- Neighboring countries? France, Ireland, Belgium, the Netherlands, Germany, Portugal, Spain, and Denmark
Do you need a visa for the UK?
For more information, please read our guide on how to obtain the UK visa – read it here.
Where to book your flights to the UK?
Check our handy-dandy guide on how to find the cheapest flights around the world – read it here.
Do you need travel insurance for the UK?
Remember this: anything can happen! Read our take on why you need travel insurance and how it can save you money when things go unplanned – read it here.
OUR TOP TRAVEL GUIDES & TIPS
Known for having the iconic castles which played a vital role in the military, economic and social growth of the country. Castles in England are well-known monuments of long-back history. Read it now.
Here are the top 10 best islands to visit in England where you can holiday with your friends or family. Check this post out to find out more about it!
Whether you have just a few days or weeks, it is definitely worth it to take your time, explore a few islands in Scotland, and discover their uniqueness.
From well-preserved historic fortresses to serene and romantic ruins atop the cliffs, from haunted tower houses to fairy-tale castles, Scotland is full of awe-inspiring and iconic castles. Steeped in the architectural excellence and legends, reveal the unique tales behind these impressive monuments. Without further ado, we have compiled the list of best castles in Scotland.
There are large numbers of castles in Northern Ireland. These old and beautiful buildings include medieval fortresses that are around 800 years old to stately and modern mansions and homes, built in old castle styles.
From defensive strongholds showing conflicts of Civil War to Victorian monuments and decadence, these castles in Wales have the architectural splendor which truly stirs the soul.