One of the most visited cities in Europe and perhaps one of the most well-known destination in the world, there are endless things to do in London you must check out when you visit. Read this post now to learn more about its top tourist attractions!
United Kingdom Vacation Ideas
Quick Facts & Travel Tips
- Capital City? London
- Currency? Pound sterling
- Languages? English
- Where is this place? Western Europe
- What is the UK famous for? The Monarchy, The Beatles, Fish and Chips, Beer, Gin, Tea, Red Double Decker Bus, and more!
- Best time to visit the UK? Spring (March to early June) and Autumn (September to November) are the best time to visit
- How to get there? Since the UK is an island, the best way is to fly over, and there are a lot of international flights heading to its capital, London, and other big cities in the country. Otherwise, you can also travel by land and go through the tunnel that connects the UK to France
- Which side of the road do they drive? The left-hand side
- What type of electric plug do they use? Type G. Read this post to learn more about travel adapters.
- Neighboring countries? France, Ireland, Belgium, the Netherlands, Germany, Portugal, Spain, and Denmark
Do you need a visa for the UK?
For more information, please read our guide on how to obtain the UK visa – read it here.
Where to book your flights to the UK?
Check our handy-dandy guide on how to find the cheapest flights around the world – read it here.
Do you need travel insurance for the UK?
Remember this: anything can happen! Read our take on why you need travel insurance and how it can save you money when things go unplanned – read it here.
OUR TOP TRAVEL GUIDES & TIPS
Here are 26 photos of London in black and white which I took while visiting back in 2012! Also, I added few U.K visa tips for Filipinos who loves to travel!