Aren’t we all a sucker for inspiring travel quotes?
I know I am! There was a point in my life whereas I live by them. Whenever I read a book and find inspiring and encouraging quotes, I write them on a piece of paper, plaster it on my wall, and read it for daily inspiration – because why not.
The world might find people who let their lives be moved by colorful and positive words written by ordinary people a tad pretentious but I beg you not to change, I say – let words swoon you! People who let creative energy run through their veins are often the ones you’ll see with a smile on their faces. Don’t change. Stay positive and do let powerful words be the core of you.
Let these inspiring travel quotes fuel your desire for an adventure.
Not everyone has the courage to step out of their comfort world to travel the world, some need a little push or encouragement, and that is one of the many reasons why I created this blog space. To inspire and fuel your desire for travel.
I do believe that traveling is for everyone, a little different idea from one person to another but with one initial goal in mind – to experience new things. We all travel the world because we want to see new places, taste new flavors, learn new cultures, be away from the norms, and many other reasons. But we all have that one desire indeed and we’re hungry for it. Adventure.
Wondering where to start? Well, somewhere is better than nowhere.
For instance, are you a romantic? Then make it a goal to visit some of Europe’s romantic destinations, for example. Perhaps you’re an art fanatic, then make it a goal to visit some of the cities in the world with the most stunning architecture and be overwhelmed by their beauty!
Out of budget? Don’t worry! There are tons of countries in the world that will certainly stretch your budget without getting broke. There’s even tons of beautiful small towns around the world you can visit, or walk the same roads the great writers who wrote some of the inspiring travel quotes in this post once strolled by. Truthfuly, it is an endless journey. You just have to seriously start somewhere.
Mind over matter. Don’t think too much!
I was in your position once and though many things in life made me start traveling, looking for motivation to just do it is NOT one of them. Guys, motivation is seriously just an excuse for the lazies, when you see something, when you get inspired, when you want to achieve your goals, just go and do it!
That’s why I created this list of inspiring travel quotes to INSPIRE you to get out there and be awesome. However, don’t wait till you find the right travel quote to get you started, read all of them and absorb the positive energy and good vibes – let it swoon you and then GO. Keep dreaming, y’all but never forget to work hard to achieve your dreams because I know I will and with the help of little inspiration, we all will.
IGNITE YOUR WANDERLUST WITH THESE INSPIRING TRAVEL QUOTES
IGNITE YOUR WANDERLUST WITH THESE INSPIRING TRAVEL QUOTES
1. “All travel has its advantages. If the passenger visits better countries, he may learn to improve his own. And if fortune carries him to worse, he may learn to enjoy it.” – Samuel Johnson
2. “Without new experiences, something inside of us sleeps. The sleeper must awaken.” – Frank Herbert
3. “The man who goes alone can start today; but he who travels with another must wait till that other is ready.” – Henry David Thoreau
4. “The use of traveling is to regulate imagination by reality, and instead of thinking how things may be, to see them as they are.” – Samuel Johnson
5. “Our happiest moments as tourists always seem to come when we stumble upon one thing while in pursuit of something else.” – Lawrence Block
6. “Stuff your eyes with wonder, live as if you’d drop dead in ten seconds. See the world. It’s more fantastic than any dream made or paid for in factories.” – Ray Bradbury
7. “Travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living.” – Miriam Beard
8. “One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.” – Henry Miller
9. “Your true traveler finds boredom rather agreeable than painful. It is the symbol of his liberty-his excessive freedom. He accepts his boredom, when it comes, not merely philosophically, but almost with pleasure.” – Aldous Huxley
10. “To awaken alone in a strange town is one of the pleasantest sensations in the world.” – Freya Stark
11. “Don’t tell me how educated you are, tell me how much you have travelled.” – Mohammed
12. “All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveller is unaware.” – Martin Buber
13. “All that is gold does not glitter; just as not all those who wander are lost.” – JRR Tolkien
14. “Like all great travellers, I have seen more than I remember, and remember more than I have seen.” – Benjamin Disraeli
15. “We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.” – Jawaharlal Nehru
16. “Once a year, go somewhere you have never been before.” – Dalai Lama
17. “Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse.” – Thomas Fuller
18. “Great things are done when men and mountains meet.” – William Blake
19. “To my mind, the greatest reward and luxury of travel is to be able to experience everyday things as if for the first time, to be in a position in which almost nothing is so familiar it is taken for granted.” – Bill Bryson
20. “If you wish to travel far and fast, travel light. Take off all your envies, jealousies, unforgiveness, selfishness and fears.” – Cesare Paves
21. “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.” – Andre Gide
22. “There are no foreign lands. It is the traveller only who is foreign.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
23. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
24. “A journey is best measured in friends, rather than miles.” – Tim Cahill
25. “It is good to have an end to journey toward, but it is the journey that matters in the end.” – Ursula K. Le Guin
26. “Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
27. “Focus on the journey, not the destination. Joy is found not in finishing an activity but in doing it.”– Greg Anderson
28. “We travel, some of us forever, to seek other places, other lives, other souls.” – Anais Nin
29. “All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.” – Martin Buber
30. “A journey is like marriage. The certain way to be wrong is to think you control it.” – John Steinbeck
IS THIS THE KIND OF POST THAT INTEREST YOU?
AWESOME! JOIN MY OVER 20,000 FOLLOWERS WHO ARE ALL TRAVEL ENTHUSIAST AND NEVER MISS OUT A POST!
Pretty Wild World is all about tickling your desire for wanderlust by showcasing some of the earth's marvels while serving you a visual enticing destination posts, travel guides, awesome eats, and beautiful travel stories from personal experiences. This website stands here for you as we take you on a visual journey one country at a time!
Only once a month update therefore join my email list and don't miss out!
No, spam. I promise!