There must be a connection between the mountains and us, which always grabs our attention towards them. In this fast-paced world, we all crave for solace deep in our hearts. We somehow find peace in the silence they have in the surroundings, the calm and soothing breeze that touches our faces, in the sun.
It warms our senses, and peeks through trees, in the rocks that challenge us to climb them with superior force of our bodies, in the wilderness that teases us with chirping of birds and sounds of animals in the distance, in the turquoise water, which calls us with its glimmering sounds, and crisp smells in the fresh air.
You must admit that we all want an ideal escape from our day-to-day lives, and there is no better option than hitting the mountains. Many famous authors and philosophers have appreciated these giant behemoths with their inspirational mountain quotes.
We have been taking refuge from the mountains over the centuries by causing damage to them, and we are still doing the same to those surroundings. A mountain is obviously home to many creatures. It tells how simple our lives can be. We always find a sense of belongingness in the lap of the mountains. We summit their own stairs to feel the thrill, conquer our fears, and unite our worlds.
Life Is Like Climbing a Mountain. Just as if we have to quench to climb the top of a mountain, we always have a strong desire somewhere in our hearts to reach the height of success. Each stopping point serves as a goal we have set for ourselves in our lives, and each climb is like a journey to achieve the high point.
Life may be challenging and frustrating at first. Nevertheless, there is a feeling of achievement after each successful climb. In the end, we are awarded a panoramic and tranquil view of the world. It is your ultimate achievement.
Without further ado, listed here are some of the best mountain quotes. I hope you will find a hill quote that may inspire you to take a break from your mundane life and hit the mountains for some adrenaline rush. If you like these quotes about being on top of the world, feel free to share with friends or caption them on your Instagram posts.
I have always been a mountain lover since childhood. Even in my younger years, I have always been around them. Many people fall in love with the mountains when they grow up. You may have heard a popular saying ‘Marry a girl who lives in the mountains. You will marry the entire mountain.’ I have rounded up a humble collection of Quotes about Mountains and Clouds handpicked for your inspiration.
Everyone has the ability to understand mountains in their own way, and climbing has a different meaning for all of us. If you want some inspiration, I have listed some of the best Mountain Captions for Instagram.
NOTE: All of the photos in this post are pinnable, just hover, and you can pin it right away for inspiration later!
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Mountain Quotes: The 50 Quotes About Mountains and Clouds
- 1.1 Mountain captions for Instagram
- 1.2 Quotes about being on top of the world
- 1.3 Mountaineering quotes
- 1.4 Mountain trekking quotes
- 1.5 Conquering mountains quotes
- 1.6 Here’re more best mountain quotes!
- 1.7 Famous mountain quotes
- 1.8 Quotes about mountains and life
- 1.9 Instagram captions for mountain views
Best Mountain Quotes: The 50 Quotes About Mountains and Clouds
1. “Never measure the height of a mountain until you reach the top. Then you will see how low it was.” – Dag Hammarskjold
2. “The mountains are calling, and I must go.” – John Muir
3. “The way up to the top of the mountain is always longer than you think. Don’t fool yourself. The moment will arrive when what seemed so near is still very far.” – Paulo Coelho
4. “Mountains are only a problem when they are bigger than you. You should develop yourself so much that you become bigger than the mountains you face.” – Idowu Koyenikan
5. “Hike more. Worry Less.” – Unknown Author
6. “Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go.” – T.S. Eliot
7. “Human life is far more important than just getting to the top of a mountain.” – Edmund Hillary
8. “I’ve realized that at the top of the mountain, there’s another mountain.” – Andrew Garfield
9. “The cliche is that life is a mountain. You go up, reach the top, and then go down.” – Jeanne Moreau
10. “You are not in the mountains. The mountains are in you.” – John Muir
Quotes about being on top of the world
11. “May your dreams be larger than mountains, and may you have the courage to scale their summits.” – Harley King
12. “Earth and sky, woods and fields, lakes and rivers, the mountain and the sea, are excellent schoolmasters, and teach some of us more than what we could learn from books.” –John Lubbock
13. “Stop staring at mountains. Climb them instead, yes, it’s a harder process, but it will lead you to a better view.” –Unknown Author
14. “Nature is one of the most underutilized treasures in life. It has the power to unburden hearts and reconnect to that inner place of peace.” – Janice Anderson
15. “Although I deeply love oceans, deserts, and other wild landscapes, it is only mountains that beckon me with that sort of painful magnetic pull to walk deeper and deeper into their beauty.” – Victoria Erikson
16. “Mountains are the beginning and the end of all-natural scenery.” –John Ruskin
17. “It’s not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves.” – Edmund Hillary
18. “I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made straight, and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
19. “Over every mountain, there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley.” – Theodore Roethke
20. “Keep close to Nature’s heart… and break clear away, once in a while, and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods. Wash your spirit clean.” – John Muir
Mountain trekking quotes
21. “When the sun is shining, I can do anything; no mountain is too high, no trouble too difficult to overcome.” – Wilma Rudolph
22. “The atomic bomb made the prospect of future war unendurable. It has led us up those last few steps to the mountain pass, and beyond there is a different country.” – J. Robert Oppenheimer
23. “It isn’t the mountain ahead that wears you out; it’s the grain of sand in your shoe.” – Robert W. Service
24. “I love to sit on a mountain top and gaze. I don’t think of anything but the people I care about and the view.” – Julian Lennon
25. “I think, every time I’m on the mountain, I’m just so thankful to be there.” – Chloe Kim
Conquering mountains quotes
26. “Only if you have been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain.” – Richard M. Nixon
27. “There’s no glory in climbing a mountain if all you want to do is to get to the top. It’s experiencing the climb itself – in all its moments of revelation, heartbreak, and fatigue – that has to be the goal.” – Karyn Kusama
28. “Popularity is a bubble. It’s a mountain: you can go up really hard but walk down really fast.” –RM
29. “Every great achievement is but a small peak in the mountain range of contributions.” – Dale T. Mortensen
30. “Sometimes, you climb the mountain, and you fall and fail. Maybe there is a different path that will take you up. Sometimes a different mountain.” – Caterina Fake
Here’re more best mountain quotes!
31. “I believe that the ascent of mountains forms an essential chapter in the complete duty of man and that it is wrong to leave any district without setting foot on its highest peak.” – Sir Leslie Stephen
32. “Mountains know secrets we need to learn. That it might take time, it might be hard, but if you just hold on long enough, you will find the strength to rise up.” – Tyler Knott
33. “Mountains are not fair or unfair; they are just dangerous.” –Reinhold Messner
34. “Great things are done when men and mountains meet; This is not done by jostling in the street.” – William Blake
35. “Mountains have a way of dealing with overconfidence.” – Nemann Buhl
Famous mountain quotes
36. “Each stone, each bend cries welcome to him. He identifies with the mountains and the streams; he sees something of his own soul in the plants and the animals and the birds of the field.” – Paulo Coelho
37. “The way up to the top of the mountain is always longer than you think. Don’t fool yourself; the moment will arrive when what seemed so near is still very far.” – Paulo Coelho
38. “Each fresh peak ascended teaches something.” – Sir Martin Conway
39. “When we tire of well-worn ways, we seek for new. This restless craving in the souls of men spurs them to climb, and to seek the mountain view.” – Ella Wheeler Wilcox
40. “Purposes, plans, and achievements of men may all disappear like a yon cloud upon the mountain’s summit, but, like the mountain itself, the things which are of God shall stand fast forever and ever.” – Charles Spurgeon
Quotes about mountains and life
41. “Jumping from boulder to boulder and never falling, with a heavy pack, is easier than it sounds; you just can’t fall when you get into the rhythm of the dance.” – Jack Kerouac
42. “He who climbs upon the highest mountains laughs at all tragedies, real or imaginary.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
43. “I like the mountains because they make me feel small. They help me sort out what’s important in life.” – Mark Obmascik
44. “No matter how tall the mountain is, it cannot block the sun.” – Emily Kay McAllister
45. “So you see, I am not shut out from the region of the beautiful, though my hand cannot perceive the brilliant colors in the sunset or on the mountain, or reach into the blue depths of the sky.” – Unknown Author
46. “Be like a mountain; do not let anything disturb your inner peace.” – Debasish Mridha
47. “It is not enough to sing when the sun shines, and the road lies level. We must learn to sing most lustily when the light fades, and the mountain is steep.” – Brad Hanson
48. “A single man of one, only pebbles can be moved, but many men together stands no mountain that can’t move.” – Robert M. Hensel
49. “Life is full of nuances and bumps, and slides and hills. There is always a challenge to meet, a mountain to climb, a river to cross, but there is also the beauty of the moment, the peace of a babbling brook, the quiet solitude of sitting alone with nature, and the comfort found in friendship.” – Catherine Pulsifer
50. “Adventure isn’t hanging on a rope off the side of a mountain. Adventure is an attitude that we must apply to the day to day obstacles of life.” – John Amatt