If you’re looking for the best climbing quotes, then you’re in luck because I’ve been feeling motivated and inspired lately to publish a lot of inspirational quotes related to travel in the blog!
About four or five years ago, my friend introduced me to wall climbing, and I instantly became fond of it and did it on-and-off for a good two years. That said, I did it for exercise purposes and merely just a hobby to make sure I get to work out with friends at least one time per week.
It is a bit sad to say now due to me being full-time on the road limits my climbing as climbing gears are heavy for the suitcase, but for sure if I do come to a point and settle in one place again, I would want to resume this hobby!
This got me to a point that gave me the inspiration to compile these quotes about climbing obstacles because there are a lot of things to learn from this. Some of these are mountain climbing quotes because this sport or hobby is not just about climbing walls, cliffs, or boulders. It is about going through challenges that test your limits not just physically but also mentally.
Here are the top climbing quotes I found that will motivate you to never stop aiming for the top.
NOTE: All of the photos in this post are pinnable, just hover, and you can pin it right away for inspiration later!
Table of Contents
Best Climbing Quotes: The 35 Quotes About Climbing Obstacles
1. “Obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.” – Michael Jordan
2. “Keep close to Nature’s heart… and break clear away, once in a while, and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods. Wash your spirit clean.” – John Muir
3. “After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb.” – Nelson Mandela
4. “It isn’t the mountains ahead to climb that wear you out; it’s the pebble in your shoe.” – Muhammad Ali
5. “The climb might be tough and challenging, but the view is worth it. There is a purpose for that pain; you just can’t always see it right away.” – Victoria Arlen
Funny climbing quotes
6. “He who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance; one cannot fly into flying.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
7. “I think I will be able to, in the end, rise above the clouds and climb the stairs to Heaven, and I will look down on my beautiful life.” – Yayoi Kusama
8. “There’s no glory in climbing a mountain if all you want to do is to get to the top. It’s experiencing the climb itself – in all its moments of revelation, heartbreak, and fatigue – that has to be the goal.” – Karyn Kusama
9. “I’m always looking for a new challenge. There are a lot of mountains to climb out there. When I run out of mountains, I’ll build a new one.” – Sylvester Stallone
10.”The summit is what drives us, but the climb itself is what matters.” – Conrad Anker
Quotes about climbing obstacles
11. “The harder you fall, the heavier your heart; the heavier your heart, the stronger you climb; the stronger you climb, the higher your pedestal.” – Criss Jami
12. “Climb if you will, but remember that courage and strength are naught without prudence and that a momentary negligence may destroy the happiness of a lifetime. Do nothing in haste; look well to each step; and from the beginning think what may be the end.” – Edward Whymper
13. “Climbing may be hard, but it’s easier than growing up.” – Stewart M. Green
14. “You won’t fall if you don’t climb, but there’s no joy in living your whole life on the ground.” – Unknown
15. “Climb mountains, not so the world can see you, but so you can see the world.” – David McCullough Jr
Climbing trees quotes
16. “Everyone wants to live on the top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you’re climbing it.” – Andy Rooney
17. “Somewhere between the bottom of the climb and the summit is the answer to the mystery why we climb.” – Greg Child
18. “A man does not climb a mountain without bringing some of it away with him, and leaving something of himself upon it.” – Martin Conway
19. “Climbing is often a group activity, and it’s always inspiring to see how other people, who share your passions, do things.” – Fred Nicole
20. “Stand tall on the summit after a tedious climb. Take in the remarkable scenery and the exhilaration of accomplishment. But don’t pause for long; there are greater mountains to climb while you still possess the drive and capacity to do so.” – Richelle E. Goodrich
Quotes about climbing to the top
21. “Static people don’t fall! You fell because you were either climbing or running. This is a sign that you are on track. Don’t stop where you fall; rise up and do it again!” – Israelmore Ayivor
22. “The length of the fall is dictated by how far we had climbed. The outcome of the fall is dictated by whether we’re holding on to that which we’re climbing, or we’re letting God hold onto us.” – Craig D. Lounsbrough
23. “Just because you came to the end of your rope, doesn’t mean that you were climbing down.” – Anthony T. Hincks
24. “There’s no secret on how to attain greater height, just keep climbing the ladder, don’t look at the dreadful distance, lock up that negative thought today, and fulfill your dreams.” – Michael Bassey
25. “Management is efficiency in climbing the ladder of success; leadership determines whether the ladder is leaning against the right wall.” – Stephen Covey
Keep climbing quotes
26. “It’s like climbing a staircase. I’m on the top of the staircase, I look behind me, and I see the steps. That’s where I was.” – Jeanne Moreau
27. “In some ways, climbing in the clouds is comforting. You can no longer see how high off the ground you are.” – Tommy Caldwell
28. “If you’re climbing the ladder of life, you go rung by rung, one step at a time. Don’t look too far up, set your goals high but take one step at a time. Sometimes you don’t think you’re progressing until you step back and see how high you’ve really gone.” – Donny Osmond
29. “When you go to the mountains, you see them, and you admire them. In a sense, they give you a challenge, and you try to express that challenge by climbing them.” – Edmund Hillary
30. “Don’t show your inferiority by climbing a stunted tree, show your superiority by climbing the longest and crooked one.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
Here are more inspiring climbing quotes!
31. “One can’t be on the topmost rung of a ladder from before, it takes time to reach it, to climb it, one at a time. We struggle so that in this process of climbing we can learn, so that we can limit our impatience and grow stronger than we ever imagined to be.” – Chirag Tulsiani
32. “Leaders don’t climb hills of success with shoes of pride. They are slippery enough to bring a person down to the valley.” – Israelmore Ayivor
33. “Every mountain top is within reach if you just keep climbing.” – Barry Finlay
34. “It’s wonderful to climb the liquid mountains of the sky. Behind me and before me is God, and I have no fears.” – Hellen Keller
35. “Anytime you finish a climb, there’s always the next thing you can try.” – Alex Honnold