Best Hiking Quotes: Top 45 Mountaineering Trekking Quotes
Fall is definitely the best time of the year to enjoy hiking, as the weather is not too uncomfortable and warm when no insects cover the sky, and there is a great view of flora everywhere you see. You may definitely want to share the tranquil beauty of autumn with your friends and loved ones. These inspirational hiking quotes will add to the charm to these pictures on your favorite app. These Instagram captions for hiking will definitely impress your followers, you will leave them impressed, and wanting to get outside just like you did.
Both hiking and fall have many opportunities to share wonderful memories and moments with loved ones. You do not have to use an overused quote to post your beautiful photo. These hiking quotes with the beauty of outdoors will definitely give your friends travel inspiration. You must definitely devote a post to the wonderful world you have to explore. If you are still waiting for some inspiration to search the depths of the web for the ideal caption, do not worry because these trekking quotes would definitely help. It is understood that you need to work hard to give the right aesthetic to your posts and you may sometimes not feel like that, especially after the hike. You can choose from some of some hiking quotes that can go along with your pics. Therefore, you can go ahead and have fun after the amazing fall experience.
There are only a few recreational activities that can beat hiking when it comes to providing benefits in return. Hiking is the basic activity of mountaineering, which needs basic gears, and light backpacks. You also do not have to learn complex techniques of knots, climb steep slopes, or try risky maneuvers for climbing. With hiking, you can enjoy the walking in a new and different way.
You can walk beyond from the parking lot to office or from home to your car. Walking is a healthy activity and it helps gain strength in our legs. It is the activity, which gets our hearts pumping with more excitement; lungs work better and provide benefits to our abs muscles, biceps, shoulders, and chest from the simple act of walk. You can try these activities to get some motivation and get in touch with nature from these mountaineering trekking quotes.
These hiking quotes for couples will definitely fill you with the passion for trekking and hiking. In addition, it is the way for some adventures. I have listed some of the best compilation of trekking status, hiking status, and short quotes for hiking and we have prepared this list very strategically. Here, you can check the most appealing hiking messages, status, and short hiking quotes, which urge you to enjoy life and get more adventures. You can find the ideal hiking status to update your Facebook or WhatsApp and show your passion for hiking when it comes to trek. I love to read quotes that are written about my favorite activities like hiking, mountain biking, and reading. I love those activities so much and I have a widget for those quotes in my site. I have listed so many words of inspiration and wisdom dedicated to hiking.
NOTE: All of the photos in this post are pinnable, just hover and you can pin it right away for inspiration later!
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Hiking Quotes: Top 45 Mountaineering Trekking Quotes
- 2 Did you like this post? We have more inspiring quotes!
Best Hiking Quotes: Top 45 Mountaineering Trekking Quotes
1. “We don’t stop hiking because we grow old. We grow old because we stop hiking.” – Finis Mitchell
2. “You’re off to great places, today is your day. Your mountain is waiting, so get on your way.” – Dr. Seuss
3. “Nature is not a place to visit. It is home.” – Gary Snyder
4. “For hiking is one of those things that you can only do when you have the determination in you.”
5. “Deep down, at the molecular heart of life, the trees and we are essentially identical.” – Carl Sagan
Camping and hiking quotes
6. “I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than trees.” – Henry David Thoreau
7. “It is not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves.” – Sir Edmund Hillary
8. “You need special shoes for hiking—and a bit of a special soul as well.” – Terri Guillemets
9. “In every walk with nature, one receives far more than he seeks.” – John Muir
10. “Returning home is the most difficult part of long-distance hiking; You have grown outside the puzzle and your piece no longer fits.” – Cindy Ross
Hiking quotes for couples
11. “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” – John Muir
12. “When everything feels like an uphill struggle, Just think of the view from the top.”
13. You won, this time. But you are as big as you are ever going to get. And I’m still growing.” – Edmund Hillary
14. “If the winter is too cold and the summer is too hot, you are not a hiker.” – A Bitter Hiker
15. “Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, and as vital to our lives as water and good bread.” – Edward Abbey
Religious hiking quotes
16. “Anywhere is ‘within walking distance.”
17. “Hike Your Own Hike.” – Thru-Hiker
18. “Walking is a man’s best medicine.” – Hippocrates
19. “If you are seeking creative ideas, go out walking. Angels whisper to a man when he goes for a walk.” – Raymond Inmon
20. “Hiking is the best workout! You can hike for three hours and not even realize you’re working out. And, hiking alone lets me have some time to myself.” – Jamie Luner
Mountaineering trekking quotes
21. “You need mountains, long staircases don’t make good hikers.” – Amit Kalantri
22. “The experienced mountain climber is not intimidated by a mountain is inspired by it.” – William Artur Ward
23. “Mountain hikes instilled in me a life-long urge to get to the top of any inviting summit or peak.” – Paul D. Boyer
24. “Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory.” – Ed Viesturs
25. “Walk away quietly in any direction and taste the freedom of the mountaineer. Camp out among the grasses and gentians of glacial meadows, in craggy garden nooks full of nature’s darlings.” – John Muir
More quotes about hiking!
26. “There are two kinds of climbers, those who climb because their heart sings when they’re in the mountains, and all the rest.” – Alex Lowe
27. “You never climb the same mountain twice, not even in memory. Memory rebuilds the mountain, changes the weather, retells the jokes, remakes all the moves.” – Lito Tejada-Flores
28. “There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.” – Beverly Sills
29. “I walked slowly to enjoy this freedom, and when I came out of the mountains, I saw the sky over the prairie, and I thought that if heaven was real, I hoped it was a place I never had to go, for this earth was greater than any paradise.” – Daniel J. Rice
30. “On a hike, the days pass with the wind, the sun, the stars; movement is powered by a belly full of food and water, not a noxious tankful of fossil fuels. On a hike, you’re less a job title and more a human being. A periodic hike not only stretches the limbs but also reminds us: Wow, there’s a big old world out there.” – Ken Ilgunas
31. “No matter how sophisticated you may be, a large granite mountain cannot be denied – it speaks in silence to the very core of your being.” – Ansel Adams
32. “Hiking and happiness go hand in hand or foot in boot.” – Diane Spicer
33. “Hiking is not escapism; it’s realism. The people who choose to spend time outdoors are not running away from anything; we are returning to where we belong.” – Jennifer Pharr Davis
34. “Days of slow walking are very long: they make you live longer, because you have allowed every hour, every minute, every second to breathe, to deepen, instead of filling them up by straining the joints.” – Frédéric Gros
35. “Slowness means cleaving perfectly to time, so closely that the seconds fall one by one, drop by drop like the steady dripping of a tap on stone. This stretching of time deepens space. It is one of the secrets of walking: a slow approach to landscapes that gradually renders them familiar. Like the regular encounters that deepen friendship.” – Frédéric Gros
Hiking quotes for kids
36. “Think while walking, walk while thinking, and let writing be but the light pause, as the body on a walk rests in contemplation of wide open spaces.” – Frédéric Gros
37. “There is of course a deep spiritual need which the pilgrimage seems to satisfy, particularly for those hardy enough to tackle the journey on foot.” – Edwin Mullins
38. “If everyone in the world took care of each other the way folks do out on the trail, and if everyone approached each day with as much hope and optimism as hikers do, the world would be a better place.” – Jon Tullis
39. “You lift your head, you’re on your way, but really just to be walking, to be out of doors. That’s it, that’s all, and you’re there. Outdoors is our element: the exact sensation of living there.” – Frédéric Gros
40. “I needed to begin respecting my own body’s boundaries. I had to draw clear lines. Ones that were sound in my mind and therefore impermeable, and would always, no matter where I walked, protect me.” – Aspen Matis
Hiking with best friend quotes
41. “Hiking’s not for everyone. Notice the wilderness is mostly empty.” – Sonja Yoerg
42. “Walking in solitude fixes nothing, but it leads you to the place where you can identify the malady—see the wound’s true form and nature—and then discern the proper medicine.” – Aspen Matis
43. “I slow down when hiking. The rhythm of nature is more leisurely. The sun comes up, it moves across the sky, and you begin to synchronize to that rhythm.” – John Mackey
44. “Hiking in undiscovered places is a lot of fun.” – Karolina Kurkova
45. “Walking: the most ancient and still the best modern exercise.” – Carrie Latet
Did you like this post? We have more inspiring quotes!
IS THIS THE KIND OF POST THAT INTEREST YOU?AWESOME! TICKLE YOUR WANDERLUST AND JOIN MY COMMUNITY OF TRAVEL ENTHUSIASTS AND NEVER MISS OUT A POST!
- Which hiking quotes did you like the best?
DISCLAIMER: There may be affiliate links attached in this post and if you decided to purchase from my links, I get a small commission at no extra charge to you. That commission helps to run this website and so on. If you’re interested to read more about this visual travel blog’s other ventures, please read my disclosure policy for more information.