Road Trip Quotes: Top 50 Inspiring Quotes About the Road!
Are you feeling inspired? Here are some of the best road trip quotes to inspire you to hit the road!
Have you ever been in a situation where you just want to drop everything, get in a car, and just leave? Well, you’re not alone! The idea of going on a road trip to explore is not a bad idea. In fact, there are a lot of adventurers out there who voyage the world with all their belongings in one single vehicle.
In fact, there’s an Argentinian family who has been road tripping the whole world for the last 17 years! Would you believe that? I can.
The life of just moving forward is fascinating thus it has inspired me to compile some of the best road trip quotes I can find online to make this gigantic bomb of wanderlust for anyone who needs a little push to go out there and see the world, one pit stop at a time.
Useful travel tips for every traveler (Budget or not!)
→ Learn how to find cheap flights: Read our Skyscanner guide on how to find flights!
→ Save some money from your hotel bookings: Use this Booking.com link to find deals on hotels, hostels, and guesthouses. Another tip is tp sign-up for an account and refer friends and for every 50USD worth of hotel bookings, you will get 10% of your money back!
→ Save money and use Airbnb: Get up to 26USD in credit to use on your next stay, use this link to avail this!
Road Trip Quotes: Top 50 Inspiring Quotes About the Road!
Words are powerful and so are these road quotes. I’m not going to lie that sometimes we abuse the way we use it but I’m not going to blame anyone, we are just human after all.
However, there are some people who are so good at using them that often results to something beyond powerful – it touches your soul as a person, it affects you in such a different level that you sometimes make you think and say: “Wow, that was so beautiful!”.
This has been in my thoughts for some time and that is why I decided to compile a series of quotes list to use some of the notable words said by some of the famous who have walked the face of the earth.
I hope you enjoy these inspiring explore quotes.
1. “Some beautiful paths can’t be discovered without getting lost.” – Erol Ozan
2. “Sometimes the most scenic roads in life are the detours you didn’t mean to take.” – Angela N. Blount
3. “Map out your future – but do it in pencil. The road ahead is as long as you make it. Make it worth the trip.” – Jon Bon Jovi
Who would believe that Bon Jovi came up with this beautiful quote about road trip? It really is spot on, isn’t?
4. “Now, on this road trip, my mind seemed to uncrinkle, to breathe, to present to itself a cure for a disease it had not, until now, known it had.” – Elizabeth Berg
5. “I climb behind the steering wheel… I drive off immediately without once looking back; it’s a long journey but it leads to freedom.” – Corinne Hofmann
6. “Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and enjoy the journey.” – Babs Hoffman
7. “Driving at night is about communicating with lights.” – Lukhman Pambra
8. “Just DO It! … and say a little prayer.” – Lugene Hessler Hammond
This message by Lugene Hessler Hammond is perhaps one of the most direct and straight forward quotes for road trips one can give to another. If you’re in doubt, just do it!
9. “A road trip is a way for the whole family to spend time together and annoy each other in interesting new places.” – Tom Lichtenheld
10. “I take to the open road, healthy, free, the world before me.” – Walt Whitman
11. “I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be.” – Douglas Adams
Douglas Adams truly made a good statement defining how life often heads out. Sometimes when you plan a road trip, things do not go as planned and that is alright because sometimes the best road is the ones you got lost. I must say, this is a really one of best road trippin quotes in this list!
12. “I suddenly realized I was in California. Warm, palmy air – the air you can kiss – and palms.” – Jack Kerouac
13. “I travel not to go anywhere but to go. I travel for travel’s sake. The great affair is to move.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
14. “We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm, and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.” – Jawaharlal Nehru
15. “Road trips are the equivalent of human wings. Ask me to go on one, anywhere. We’ll stop in every small town and learn the history and stories, feel the ground and capture the spirit. Then we’ll turn it into our own story that will live inside our history to carry with us, always. Because stories are more important than things.” – Victoria Erickson
16. “Our battered suitcases were piled on the sidewalk again; we had longer ways to go. But no matter, the road is life.” – Jack Kerouac
17. “The freedom of the open road is seductive, serendipitous and absolutely liberating.” – Aaron Lauritsen
18. “I love road trips. You get into this Zen rhythm; throw the sense of time out the window.” – Miriam Toews
Compiling these quotes about roads inspired me big time to set off and travel full-time and work hard on this blog so that one day I can buy a camper van and trot around Europe road tripping!
19. “Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.” –Ralph Waldo Emerson
20. “Once you have traveled, the voyage never ends but is played out over and over again in the quietest chambers. The mind can never break off from the journey.” – Pat Conroy
Inspired yet? There’s more on the road quotes for more wanderlust!
May I add, these road quotes also makes amazing road trip captions for Instagram! On top of that, there are also some cool quotes on long drive with friends that will definitely be perfect for your social media.
21. “An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered.” – Gilbert K. Chesterton
22. “The wise man travels to discover himself.” – James Russell Lowell
Traveling on a car and discovering the roads unknown makes the quote above one of the best long drive quotes!
23. “Part of us believes the new car is better because it lasts longer. But, in fact, that’s the worst thing about the new car. It will stay around to disappoint you, whereas a trip to Europe is over. It evaporates. It has the good sense to go away, and you are left with nothing but a wonderful memory.” – Daniel Gilbert
24. “The most beautiful in the world is, of course, the world itself.” – Wallace Stevens
25. “Good company in a journey makes the way seem shorter.” – Izaak Walton
26. “Road trips required a couple of things: a well-balanced diet of caffeine, salt and sugar and an excellent selection of tunes—oh, and directions.” – Jenn McKinlay
27. “The most beautiful in the world is, of course, the world itself.” – Wallace Stevens
27. “At the end of the day, your feet should be dirty, your hair messy and your eyes sparkling.” – Shanti
29. “If you’re on a road trip, you need driving music.” – Edgar Wright
Who could drive without music in the first place? Music keeps you company and compilations like this quotes about road trips keep you motivated!
30. “Discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.” – Marcel Proust
Which one of these road tripping quotes you truly enjoyed?
I have few favorite road trips in here but I would like to know which one you enjoyed! But before you tell me, here are the last few road trip quotes you should check out.
31. “The most beautiful in the world is, of course, the world itself.” – Wallace Stevens
32. “God made the world round so we would never be able to see too far down the road.” – Isak Dinesen
33. “We all have that one friend who is either on a road-trip or planning a road-trip or thinking about a road-trip or talking to people who are on road-trip or posting quotes about road-trip.” – Crestless Wave
34. “Two roads diverged in a wood and I – I took the one less traveled by.” – Robert Frost
35. “That’s why I love road trips, dude. It’s like doing something without actually doing anything.” – John Green
36. “To awaken alone in a strange town is one of the pleasantest sensations in the world. You are surrounded by adventure. You have no idea of what is in store for you, but you will, if you are wise and know the art of travel, let yourself go on the stream of the unknown.” – Freya Stark
37. “The two impulses in travel are to get away from home, and the other is to pursue something – a landscape, people, an exotic place. Certainly finding a place that you like or discovering something unusual is a very sustaining thing in travel.” – Paul Theroux
38. “If you don’t know where you are going, any road will get you there.” – Lewis Carroll
39. “Still, round the corner, there may wait, A new road or a secret gate.” – J. R. R. Tolkien
40. “Success is not a destination, but the road that you’re on. Being successful means that you’re working hard and walking your walk every day. You can only live your dream by working hard towards it. That’s living your dream.” – Marlon Wayans
41. “When all’s said and done, all roads lead to the same end. So it’s not so much which road you take, as how you take it.” – Charles de Lint
42. “I love being on the road. I love that lifestyle, traveling city to city, rocking out and moving on to the next place.” – Caleb Johnson
43. “At the end of the day, I understand that life has roadblocks, and life is like school – you’ll be tested; we gotta pass it.” – DJ Khaled
44. “Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you riding through the ruts, don’t complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief, and jealousy. Don’t bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality. Wake Up and Live!” – Bob Marley
45. “If you make the mistake of looking back too much, you aren’t focused enough on the road in front of you.” – Brad Paisley
46. “I just go with the flow, I follow the yellow brick road. I don’t know where it’s going to lead me, but I follow it. – Grace Jones
47. “I’m on the road constantly. I’m a nomad. I don’t really have a home right now. I don’t identify with one place in particular.” – Daya
48. “A passenger on a road journey is in the hands of a driver; a reader embarking on a book is in the hands of a narrator.” – Romesh Gunesekera
I couldn’t agree more with Romesh Guneskera about this! Life is truly a journey. Not to mention, going on a road trip with friends certainly is a memory of a lifetime.
49. “Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.” – Jerry Seinfeld
50. “Wherever you get to is better than where you started. To stay on the road is a massive achievement.” – Anthony Joshua
Did you like this post? We have more inspiring quotes!
IS THIS THE KIND OF POST THAT INTEREST YOU?AWESOME! TICKLE YOUR WANDERLUST AND JOIN MY COMMUNITY OF TRAVEL ENTHUSIASTS AND NEVER MISS OUT A POST!
- Did you like this road trip quotes?
- If yes, which one you liked most?
- Let us know in the comment section below!
DISCLAIMER: There may be affiliate links attached in this post and if you decided to purchase from my links, I get a small commission at no extra charge to you. That commission helps to run this website and so on. If you’re interested to read more about this visual travel blog’s other ventures, please read my disclosure policy for more information.